82

Jimin was taken to another room to clean up before being taken to his room again, me following close behind my mate and helping him back into bed, not paying attention to the other members in the room, just focusing on making Jimin as comfortable as he could.

He was half asleep, but trying to stay awake so he could see Jaeyu when he came in. I brushed some of his wet hair back and kissed his forehead.

"Go to sleep, baby. I'll wake you up when Jaeyu comes."

He nodded after a second, weak and tired. The birth had taken almost everything out of him, and it was very visible when he passed out almost right away.

"How did it go?" Jin asked, fixing Jihyo in his arms.

"He lost a lot of blood," I sighed, sitting down in the chair next to the bed. "But we didn't need a C-section, so that's good."

"Will you need to do a blood transfusion thing?" Hoseok asked, looking at Jimin's pale face in worry.

"Maybe. We'll see when the doctors come in."

The room was quiet, either in respect for the twins' and Jimin's sleep, or in worry for Jimin.

"I wonder who Jaeyu will look like the most," Taehyung said, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm sure he'll have squishy cheeks either way," Jin offered, smiling. "Those will stay with him for all of eternity."

"I'm not squishy," I complained, frowning at him.

"Are you sure about that, sweetie?" Jin asked, giving me a "really?" look.

I gave out a huff, but didn't fight it. The birth had taken a lot out of me too, trying to calm Jimin despite the raging stabs at the back of my neck, hearing his pained screams and distressed scent. But Jimin dealt with the worst of it. It was over now, but it would take days—maybe weeks—of recovery before he would be back to how he was before the birth.

"You rest too, hyung," Namjoon chuckled. "I know where you're at right now."

I flashed him a grateful smile before slumping in my seat some and knocking out quickly.
—————————
I was gently shaken awake, my eyes squinting in the light at Hoseok's face over mine.

"Jaeyu is here."

I nearly launched myself out of the chair, looking wildly around the room.

"He's not in here just yet. We wanted to wake to two of you up before anyone saw him."

I huffed and looked over at Jimin, who was slowly blinking, face still pale, but the doctors must've came to supply him some blood and medicine because there was a little pigment in his skin. I sat next to him in the bed, settling down and wrapping an arm around him.

The door opened a moment after Taehyung said it was okay, the doctor with our results coming in with a lump carried carefully in her arms. Jimin outstretched his hands, suddenly very awake and on the verge of tears already. The first few fell when the baby was set into his arms. He sniffled as he leaned into my chest, gently pulling back the part of the swaddle covering his chin. My arm pulled Jimin closer, about to shed my own tears at the soft cheeks and whisps of dark hair on our pup's head. My fingers lightly played with the fluff and the little hum that came from his throat made me bury my face in Jimin's hair to stifle the sob wanting to punch my chest.

I held Jimin close to my chest, the baby close to his as we cried together, Jimin lightly tracing his fingertip over the pudgy cheek and down the button nose. My eyes clenched shut as I kissed his forehead, resting my cheek on his hair afterwards. We were so far gone that we didn't notice Jungkook discreetly filming the moment.