42

Things start going downhill from here, I'm sorry. If you don't like angst, I suggest to stop reading this book.

Namjoon and I were trying to fix a lull in a song when all of a sudden, he winced.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, hyung," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just a small headache."

I hummed and we continued talking to figure it out when he winced again.

"Are you sure it's a headache?"

"I don't know what else it could be."

I sighed and opened a tab on my browser, typing in the symptoms Namjoon listed into the search bar. Not the best idea, but I'm no doctor. Scrolling down a page I had opened, I saw something for mated alphas with this pain.

"'If you are a mated alpha who marked your partner not only are away from them but are experiencing this pain, there maybe something distressing your mate. On a scale of one to ten, rate your pain and see how serious it is. One being a small tingle and a ten feeling like you're hit with a frying pan.'"

"I'd say like a seven or a six," he answered. I continued reading.

"'If it's under five' yada yada yada... oh here we go. 'If you rated your pain over five, there may be something that causes your mate to feel endangered or unsafe. It would be most advisable to return to your mate.'" We stared at the computer screen. "Well shit, that can't be good."

"I'm going to go," he said, standing up quickly and wincing again. "Okay yeah, I got to go now. The pain just bumped up to an eight."
———————
Jin's POV:

Tears streamed down my face, my skin stinging in pain from being slapped and hit. My father raised up my shirt to show the almost three month old bump. Instantly, my arms wrapped around my belly.

"Don't hurt them!" I sobbed.

"Them?" My father seethed. "How many did your fucktard alpha put in you?"

"Th—There's twins. I beg you, please don't hurt them!" He scoffed and tried pulling away my arms. "No!"

He huffed and pulled me off the couch before slamming me into the floor, knocking the wind out of my lungs. We heard a door bang open.

"What the hell is going on here?!"

"Alpha!" I cried out.

"Jin," he said worriedly, running over and ripping my father away from me. He tried grabbing me back but Namjoon actually pulled a fist back and punched him. I was scooped into my mate's arms and held close to him as I whimpered and cried. "Get the fuck out of my house."

"We—"

"NOW!" He roared, using his alpha voice which could send even a beta into submission. My mother's knees buckled a little before she stood up straighter. "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AND OUT OF MY SIGHT!"

This time, she listened, running out of the front door. Namjoon picked me up and laid me on the couch before we heard a groan behind him. He stood and turned, facing the man who hated my genes and hurt me.

"Get. Out."

My father held his bleeding nose before looking at his red hand and lunging for Namjoon.

The alpha dodged the attack and hit my father right in the stomach. I clenched my eyes shut so I didn't have to watch my mate pummeling my father.

"Joon!" I cried out finally. "Stop!"

"But, Jinnie—"

"Those are my parents!"

He blinked in surprise, not seeing the punch going for his cheek. I got up and pushed the arm out of the way. The man growled and grabbed me, flinging me across the room.

I landed on the floor and hit my head on something—maybe the coffee table—and my vision turned black.