43

This is kind of weird bc I've prewritten the rest of this book and editing chapters is like being the time traveler's wife. Shit's weird man

I sat by the hospital bed, looking down at my hyung's closed eyes and his hand occupied with Namjoon's as he tried not to cry. We had all been filled in with what happened, Jin hyung's father arrested for abuse. We have no idea where his mother is.

And Jin had been in an unofficial coma for three days.

Namjoon's hardly left his side in case he woke up. He hasn't been able to work. He hasn't been eating well either. Yes, he's taken care of hygiene and other things, but eating, working, and sleeping seems to be what he's not doing. Dark circles rested under his eyes and his stomach growled every now and then, but he never leaves Jin hyung's side. Tears were just barely peeking over his lashes, but he never shed them.

He was trying to be strong for his mate.
———————
A week. A week and he still hasn't woken up. Namjoon is almost at his wit's end, about to break and freak out any minute. It does hurt to see Jin in a vulnerable state like this, but it can only be pure torture for his mate.

He still had a steady heart beat and everything, but he just wasn't waking up.

Until it was almost two weeks.

I came back from the food court with the other members when we saw a bunch of nurses running in, Namjoon standing out in the hall, a mix of worry, relief, and tears finally covering his face.

"What happened?!" I rushed, trying to look inside.

"He woke up," Namjoon grinned, wiping away tears.
——————————
We were allowed to come in after a bit only to see a female doctor squeezing his shoulder sympathetically before leaving. Jin hyung's face was turned down to his lap—or rather his round stomach—and it looked like tears dropped from his eyes.

"Hyung?"

He looked up slowly for us to see anguish written all over his face.

"I—I lost them."

"Lost who, baby?" Namjoon asked, setting on the edge of the bed and kissing his hands. He burst into tears suddenly.

"Th—The pups!"