81

He doesn't know how long he's been sat on his kitchen floor, his back and neck hurting from leaning against one of his cabinets. He's staring down at his lap as his thumbs wrestle each other mindlessly - though he's far from being mindless himself.

It's all happened too fast, too soon, and too much. He can't take all of it at once and he doesn't know how to. He's made sure to keep his phone off for a few days, not wanting to be overwhelmed with a situation that shouldn't even be something.

He has a conference call with his team in a couple of days and he's completely terrified of what's going to be said. The Louis issue - he hates calling Louis an issue because he's the furthest thing from one - is something some of his PR team isn't quite fond of. He can't label them as homophobic because they haven't said anything that would indicate that they are. Whenever it's brought up it's only in regards to how it may reflect on his career. It shouldn't matter these days because people are so open and accepting. Plus, Liam doesn't believe his career is going to end just because he happens to love Louis Tomlinson.

Louis. His boyfriend - hopefully - has been on his mind ever since the photos were posted. Liam knows he's not able to control people from posting those pictures. That morning he wanted to message Louis so badly that nothing happened but he was afraid the damage was already done and that Louis wouldn't want anything to do with him. But the pictures do a good job on making the world think otherwise.

He's turned his phone back on, which is why he's now sat on the floor and shaking. There's messages and missed calls from Niall, Sophia, and numerous people from his team. Then there's the unread messages from Louis. From the preview all Liam can read is: "If you do get around to readings my messages this will be my final one...". Reading that has made Liam ill to the point where his stomach actually hurts. His chest feels tight too. He feels panicked like he's not going to be able to breathe.

He can't bring himself to open the message because he doesn't want to read Louis' goodbye. He doesn't want to find out that Louis wants to break up with him.

How did his life come to this? Months ago he was an up and coming model having the time of his life in New York and now he's a mess and afraid of his own life being twisted into something it's not. He's going to lose his first boyfriend and feel his first shattering heartbreak.

He wishes he wasn't well-known because then nobody would care so much about his personal life and he wouldn't have to hide it. Liam wishes he could have met Louis through a normal circumstance - in person - and they could have been public the entire time. There wouldn't be speculations and rumors. There would just be the two of them and the normal relationship drama.

His phone notification rings and he looks down to see that Sophia has arrived. He invited her around because he feels like he needs to talk to someone who understands the situation and he wants to apologize to her for how everything's being blown up and blamed on her. Most importantly, Liam wants to tell her about Louis. Everything this time.

Maybe Louis should be the one he goes to first but he's petrified of the worst case scenario.

When Liam stands up to get to the door Watson starts following him. The large dog hasn't been out for a walk in days and he probably thinks he's finally going to be let out.

Liam apologizes to him for the neglect by scratching behind the dog's ears. He'll walk Watson as soon as things calm down.