4.46.

The trio watched in disbelief as they saw Dave in the control room, seemingly typing some sort of command into a computer. They moved with silent steps as they closed in, trying to keep the element of surprise in case vital Intel was spilled. 

"The villains are holding things down pretty well." Sam muttered as he held a metal box, fairly similar to the one that held Adaliah's choker. 

"Thank you, I couldn't have done any of this without your help, Sam." 

"Papa?"  The two males looked to the trio as they appeared, Izuku and Adaliah standing behind the blonde, ready to attack if need be. Given the heroes in training wanted to wait a while longer, they couldn't stop the blonde. 

"Melissa-"

"Ms. What are you doing here?'

"What does he mean 'It's like you planned it'? Don't tell me that, your the one behind this." Melissa walked forward with slow steps, almost as if she were afraid. "This was all you? Just to steal something? It can't be true!" 

Dave looked down before growling. "Yes, it is." 

"Papa! How could you!?" Melissa seemed heartbroken as Izuku and Adaliah quickly ran up behind her.

"Professor is only trying to get back what was stolen from him. The invention inside this briefcase can amplify someone's quirk."  Sam spoke up as he showcased the briefcase. 

"Is that even possible?" Izuku looked to Adaliah as he asked the question, the girl only shrugging with a look of worry. 

"It is. Though, it's still being tested, but unlike with drugs, this device can magnify a persons quirk without damage to their brain. But despite that, our sponsors confiscated this prototype and our data. The demanded that the project be abandoned. They worried something like this would drastically change the superhuman society. There would be chaos, governments from different nations put pressure of your father to end it. That's why we did this."

"That's no excuse." Adaliah snipped, bending to an attack stance. "This would change the scales of heroism entirely. Especially if it landed in the wrong hands. Villains would become more destructive, heroes would do more harm then good. Your sponsors were right!" 

"I don't understand." Melissa whimpered. "There's something I'm missing! You'd never do this!"

"Melissa, I'm sorry." Dave tried, refusing to look at his daughter. 

The rest of their conversation was a buzz to Adaliah as she scanned the room, knowing something was up. It couldn't have just been a paid job. Innocent lives were at risk! Those two weren't going get off Scott- free just like that. That's not how the world works. 

"Of course it was a performance." 

She hated when she was right. 

"The real act was pretending we weren't criminals."  A man with a mask appeared, instantly setting the two students into attack stances. He said nothing as he held his hand out, the teens having little time to react before they were suspended by metal fences, holding them to the pillars behind them. 

They could only watch as Sam betrayed Dave, handing the briefcase over to the villain, only to get shot. If it weren't for Dave taking one of the shots, he would've been dead. 

 God if only these binds were a little less tight! Adaliah squirmed as shadows etched their way around her body, her Sclera darkening as she whipped her head back and fourth. Izuku was beside her struggling just as much as she was. Green lightning and streams of shadows surrounded them, intertwining as the decorated both teens faces, the binds  finally loosening; both finally breaking free as the gun was aimed at Melissa.