4.39.

Exam days came and went sooner than anyone expected, the girl faring pretty well, even managing to get 100% on her English- it would've been math too, but trigonometry is a dick. She studied well, put in the effort, and it showed.

 The same couldn't be said for the practical though. Clad once more in her hero outfit, Adaliah was shaking in her boots.She was well studied and prepared for the written, and with all the extra training she got with helping her friends, she should've been prepared for this too.

But she couldn't help the nervous feeling in her gut.

Sure, her and Shinso had been training months in prep, but again, something just wasn't right. And if the way her father was acting wasn't suspicious enough that something was different, the entire staff standing in front of them was.

"Now then, let's begin the last test. Remember, it's possible to fail this final. If you wanna go to camp then don't make any stupid mistakes." Aizawa's eyes bored into his students as he stood in front of them. "I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what your facing today.

"We're fighting those big ol' metal robots!" Denki cheered, clearly excited.

"Fireworks, s'mores, here we come!" Mina shouted as well.

Adaliah watched in confusion as her dad's scarf began shuffling, letting out a spooked chirp as principal Nezu popped out, wings going stiff behind her.

"Sorry to frighten you! But this year's tests will be completely different! For various reasons. " The white creature held up a paw, Adaliah leaning off of Kirishima as she tried to calm her racing heart beat. The scare mixed with the nerves was not a good mix. His hand was gently placed on hip as he held her hand, anxiously watching the omega calm her racing heart. 

"Your changing things?" Momo asked with worry, her eyes wide as she too watched the omega.

Nezu climbed down off of Aizawa before standing with his arms out below them. "The tests now have a new focus, there will be hero work- of course- but also teamwork and combat between actual people. So what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in pairs and your opponents will be one of our esteemed U.A. teachers! Now, isn't that fabulous?"

There it was, the drop Adaliah knew was coming. By now all her internal organs were in knots as she looked to all the staff, all except All might being there.

"Additionally your partners and your opponents have already been chosen. There were determined by my discretion, based on various factors including fighting style, grades and personal relationships." Aizawa going down the list of teams and opponents.

"For our last battle, we're bringing in a future transfer student to even the teams. Adaliah, you and the student will be fighting the hero you interned under, Granite. "

"Guess we're just meant to work together, hey kitten?"  A smug voice broke out, the girl quickly turning with an excited smile.Breaking free of Kirishima's grip (why was it so tight anyway?), Adaliah quickly ran up to the indigo haired boy, wrapping him up in a tight hug. He returned it with a small smile, rubbing her back as he nuzzled into her hair, purring loudly.

If looks could kill, he'd be six feet under five times over.

"Next time you plan on running into a super serial killer, at least let me know before you nearly kill yourself."He whispered, the girl continuing to hug him, his arms tightening around her as she began pulling away.

"What's this?" Adaliah asked as she finally pulled away, ignoring his last statement, lightly poking at the device and ribbons of fabric around his neck.