1.5.

Shoto and Adaliah stood outside the stage to their combat training on high alert, both of their quirks powered up (the atmosphere around the boy much colder as stripes decorated the female's face).

"How far have you taken your quirk?" Shoto turned to the shorter girl, who looked up with a quirked brow.  It was adorable beyond all belief, but he wasn't going to let it distract him...Right now at the very least. 

"I can restrain anyone to a flat surface, restricting their quirk usage, defend and use small attacks with streams of shadows, and..." Adaliah paused, tapping her chin. "If I focus enough, I can most likely track down the villains and the weapon."

Shoto nodded at the girl, a silent urge to try in the least. She did, the male watching as ribbons of dark shadows left her feet, travelling along the ground rather quickly. She had definitely grown from that small pup in the hospital, but that didn't mean she still didn't need him. He would assure no matter what would come, she would need to rely on him.

"Both are barefoot and split up, I'm guessing one is keeping guard while Hagakure tries to get a sneak attack. North hall, forth floor, one of them is there. The other is on the same floor, though I'm having trouble figuring out where exactly." Adaliah was quick to explain, the shadows returning to her, but the stripes remaining.

Shoto nodded his silent thanks before focusing on his own quirk. "For your own safety, I would remain outside." Frost slowly etched it's way from Todoroki's hand and foot, instantly making the atmosphere much colder. "They intend to fight a defensive battle, but what they don't know is that we've already won."

Tapping the bottoms of her boots, Adaliah allowed two pools of smoke to circle around them, allowing her to walk freely onto the ice without slipping or freezing herself. Turning back, she smirked at the boy's shocked face, ignoring the shiver that racked her spine and the puff of smoke escaping her lips that was her breath.

"What? I was recommended for a reason. Besides, I wouldn't wanna give you all the fun." She laughed continuing to walk down the hallway, Todoroki following after her, bewildered. She definitely wasn't that pup anymore, but that just made him question what had happened in the eight-nine years they were apart.

The two quickly and quietly made their way to the fourth floor, small whimpers and whines being heard from inside an ajar door. It was a wonder the betas hadn't prepared for this. But then again, they were going against not one, but two recommended students. You would think that they would even that out a bit more.

Opening the door with a burst of shadows, Adaliah smirked as she allowed her partner to saunter in front of her to the door.

"Pry yourself off if you want, but it may be difficult to fight with no skin on the bottom of your feet." Todoroki smirked, matching Adaliah's own triumphant gaze as he tapped the fake weapon.

"The hero team wins!"

"That's one win for us, Todoroki!" Adaliah soon lost the intimidating gaze she held, jumping to give her teammate a hug as he unfroze everything. Red tinted the edge of his cheeks as he turned, Adaliah still on his arm, his fresh linen scent mixing with her vanilla one well.

"It's not your fault your playing on different levels than us."

Deep down, he thought, maybe she still was that pup.

<><><><>

"Last battle. Young Shoji, if you'll please draw for a partner and the team your going up against."

The multi-limbed beta boy slowly made his way to the cup, pulling out a slip of paper before turning it around. "Bakugo."

The blond huffed angrily but still stood next to his new partner, allowing All might to choose their competitors.