Chapter 40

Author's Note- This chapter plays with repetition of words and spacing on the page. I truly embraced my 3rd grade poetry class in this one so enjoy. After all, Logan always said he had an appreciation of poetry.
Logan's POV
Goodbye.
The word echoed through my thoughts, shattering them as I lay on my bed which I had been teleported to the moment those words escaped his mouth.
Goodbye.
Virgil...
Goodbye.
I can help him.
Goodbye.
I can save him.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
The words grew more rapid as my footsteps made them selves heard. I rushed to the door, swinging it open. If I was really one of them then surely...
I concentrated on that place, every cell in my body was moving.
Where Virgil is.
And somehow, that's all that mattered, that he was there, that I could see him again. Emotions had always seemed so complex to me but at this very moment their demands were simple.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
I could practically hear his voice saying it, broken and sad but determined. His logic seemed impeccable at a glance, the sacrifice play, do what is necessary. But there was a minuscule flaw, the one mistake I always seemed to make.
Emotions.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Faster. Harder. Louder. I felt myself leaving, going to where I needed to be. Where he was.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.
My heart pounded with everything word. I was nervous. Anxious. But oh so determined to do this. Would I be able to go there? Doesn't matter. Have to try. Thoughts got choppy. Concentration increased. Have to go there. Have to make it. Have to save him.
Save Him. Save Him. Save Him.

Sinking.

Lower.

Lower.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Goodbye.

...
Made it.