Chapter 39

Author Note- I'm sorry.
Virgil's POV
I stood there in horror, watching as Logan became unresponsive, begging Deceit to stop. I was helpless.
"Why are you doing this? He never did anything to you two!" I screamed.
Deceit paused.
"He never did anything to me? He never did anything to me? Who was the one by your side, saying how Thomas doesn't need anxiety from lying, saying that Remus's suggestions were irrational, illogical, shutting us out. It's a kick to the face with karma that he was one of us all along."
"You don't know if he really is!" I was grasping at straws here, I saw him summon something with my own eyes. It shouldn't have been possible unless he was one of us.
Was he really one of us? The same people I spent my whole life trying to get away from?
That doesn't matter, he's different from them.
I've spent years trying to guess what Deceit is planning, dealing with Remus telling Thomas to do the most horrible things and I'm comparing that to the one person who's never judged me, even when I told him I was a dark side? There's no way someone like that could be one of us.
I looked at Logan, eyes glazed over but filled with horror.
He doesn't deserve this.
"Okay, what are you really doing here Deceit?" My eyes narrowed, into a cold stare.
He smiled.
He always has his own agenda.
"I was waiting for you to catch on." He said. "Come back to us."
I bit my lip, looking over to Logan.
"Will you leave him alone if I do?" I asked. That's what matters now, that's the only thing that matters now.
"Now how can you trust my reply?" Deceit smirked, "But I suppose I will comply."
"Fine."
I looked at Logan, his eyes turned alert for just a second, though I doubt he could hear me.
I mouthed one last word to him, one last message.
Goodbye.