Chapter 27

Virgil's POV
It's not a big deal, you can do this. Besides, what's so bad about falling once or twice... and being laughed at... in front of your cru- boyfriend? Nothing... that's totally fine... definitely.
I swallowed down my thoughts and imagined myself one purple skate and one dark green skate, already tied on because I still couldn't figure out how to make the skate tight enough.
I took Logan's hand immediately started to wobble.
Fuck. They make it look so easy in Yuri On Ice.
I was tipping backwards when he grabbed my other wrist, support both of us. He pulled me up, offering both forearms to grip onto and balance on. I took them, embarrassed, probably blushing.
He almost smiled, an encouraging one that says things will be okay, you can do this. Then his glance flicked over to where a very smug Roman was standing, bit his lip and resumed a neutral, closed off appearance.
"Do you want me to help you learn?" He asked.
Definitely blushing.
"Sure thing teach." I tried to joke, swallowing my fears.
"When skating you take one foot and push it back and out, alternating each time." He instructed, "You don't have to let go of me, I'll skate backwards as you go."
I gripped his forearms and looked down at my skates, trying to do as he instructed. I immediately started slipping backwards, faster this time.
I squeezed my eyes closed, waiting to fall.
I never did.
I opened one eye to see Logan doing the equivalent of whatever a French dip is in ice skating (Just because I've watch Yuri On Ice doesn't mean I know anything about ice skating).
Why is my face burning? This is a winter wonderland for heaven's sake!
"Now kiss." Said a sassy voice as two hands pushed Logan on top of me.
We stared at each other, our faces reddening. He took a few deep breaths before pushing himself off of me, plopping down next to me.
"REMY!" I yelled.
"Sup hoe." He skated into view, Starbucks cup in hand.
"Remy! You shouldn't push people! And you're late!" Patton skated over, scanning for injuries.
"It had to be done, the ship must sail."
"I still don't know what a ship is." Patton said, frustrated, "But if it means shoving people then I don't really want to." He crosses his arms in quite the childish stance, "Apologize."
"Fiiiine, sorry or whatever." He rolled his eyes and took a long sip of Starbucks.
Roman skated into view, looking smug, clearly he had something to with this situation.
But... how did he know?
I looked over to Remy, who was exchanging a glance with Roman. I realized Patton might have asked him for advice.
And seeing the prank potential, he would have told Roman.
I looked over to Logan.
We might not be the only ones with a prank planned.