Chapter 3

Logan's POV
I was drowning in a swarm of blankets soaked in sweat, I couldn't breath.
They're dead, I couldn't do anything and now they're dead.
I felt like a snake had wrapped around me and was squeezing me to death.
Like he did with the other sides, I COULDN'T SAVE THE OTHER SIDES!
Thoughts echoed in my head, so loud.
I couldn't breath, I couldn't breath!
I untangled myself from a knot of blankets, trying to stand and steady myself.
Something was off, something was wrong, oh my god I can't breath!
I reached for my bookcase, slamming it onto the ground. Books flew everywhere, scattering themselves across the room.
I gasped for air, it never made it to my lungs.
I curled up, squeezing my eyes closed.
They died, I couldn't do anything! What's happening to me?
Deceit's words rang through my head-
Would a logical side have emotions?
You shouldn't feel anything because of this.
I shook my head, that can't be it, I mean obviously, it had to be something else... it had to...
I heard a knock on my door, I didn't move to answer. I didn't want to.
"Logan?" It was Virgil, his lifeless body flashed through my head, I shook the thought out. I probably interrupted whatever little sleep he got.
I didn't respond, I didn't want him to come in, or anyone for that matter.
"Logan? Are you okay?" He asked, again I said nothing.
"I'm... I'm coming in okay?" I let out a small whimper, great, now he can see what a mess I've made.
"Loga- Holy crap!" He whispered, "what happened?!?"
I responded with another gasp of breath, I forgot to breath, idiot.
Virgil sat down cross legged a foot away from me, picking up a nearby book.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked, I shook my head, that was the last thing I wanted to do right now.
He flipped through the book while I tried to steady my breathing.
In
...
Hold
...
Out
...
Repeat
I looked up at Virgil, he was reading a book of astronomy... well more like flipping through pictures of stars. I couldn't blame him, that particular book was rather dry to read. He looked up, fiddling with the sleeves of his hoodie, pausing a moment before scooting over next to me, so I could see the pages.
It was a picture of the Scorpio constellation, I recognized it as my zodiac sign, though I find the overall idea of zodiac signs eluding to one's personality ludicrous, seeing a zodiac sign as a way you would see a holiday close to your birthday would be a rather fascinating tradition, and, if I must admit it, I fit the personality traits of a Scorpio quite well.
We flipped through a few more constellations, Virgil only saying "Beware of the Dorito god!" Under his breath when we flipped to the Big Dipper, which I could only assume is a reference or inside joke.
My eyes started to feel heavy, I didn't particularly want to fall back asleep, the thought of another nightmare is terrifying, but I doubt I could do much against it at this point.
Virgil looks at me and gives a small smile, grabbing a pillow from my bed and laying my head upon it just as I close my eyes.