Chapter 7

Logan's POV
The nightmares continued and Virgil and I got to the point of having a routine, I would wake up from a night terror, Virgil would be there, I would focus on calming my breathing, and we would listen to music or talk until we got tired. Most of these dreams were quite similar to the first one but Deceit wouldn't say anything, in some, he would just laugh, in others, he would say nothing. After some time I was able to tell my self that the nightmare was a falsehood, it wasn't real, this made calming down a lot easier.
I was still trying to figure out what was happening to me in terms of the real, not dream, world, or as real as one considers Thomas's mind. Patton would ask why I looked so tired and I would get a sense of worry caused by the fact he could potentially figure out I'm having nightmares. Or Virgil would smile at me encouragingly after this and I genuinely felt better. It was confusing, a figurative roller coaster with no end in sight. I hated it, it confused me, I was clouding my perception of reality. I felt like I was failing Thomas, I'm logic, if I can't think in a specifically logical way then I'm not doing my part. Thoughts like this often distracted me from my work, new video scripts, or whatever Thomas needs to recall, it's causing him to space out, forget things, and it's only a matter of time before the other sides notice.
I was lost and had no idea what to do. For once in my life I didn't know something, and that was scary.