Chapter 2

Third Person View- Logan's Thoughts
Chains.
No, those are snakes.
That's not important!
Virgil!
Patton!
Roman!
Shit.
Those snakes are poisonous, they won't survive if one bites them....
Logan's thoughts were interrupted by a sickeningly smooth voice.
"Oh Logan!" It sighed, "Look at what you've done..." Three tongue clicks echoed through the room.
"Liar." Logan said, which was an obvious fact, "I haven't done anything."
"Oh but that's exactly my point." It said, fake sympathy dancing in between each syllable, "What you've done wrong is that you haven't done anything. You stand and watch. That's not your role."
"I am the logical side, occasionally that is my role!" Logan yelled into the void, he saw Patton twitch, the snakes were squeezing tighter.
"But it's not. Would a logical side have emotions?" It asked, sounding like an adult, watering down what they were saying as if they were talking to a small child.
"I-I don't!" Logan protested, he didn't, he knew he didn't, that was his constant.
"Well then you shouldn't feel anything because of this." It said, the sound of a snap rang through the room.
The snakes started wrapping tighter and tighter, Logan could see trickles of blood leaking out from each of their mouths.
Their mouths are moving!
They're crying for help!
Logan tried to run to them, help them, but he couldn't move. He struggled, unsure of what to do, how to help them.
His heartbeat quickened, his gut tightened, he couldn't breath.
The snakes stopped.
They slithered away.
All that was left were three dead bodies, flopped lifeless in their own blood.
And then he woke up.