Chapter 16

Logan's POV
I knocked three times,
one soft
one hard
one soft
There was a faint sound behind the door, nothing I could make words out of, so I opened the door slowly.
******
A Note To The Reader
I'm guessing you watched the video where all the sides go into Virgil's room and slowly start freaking out so Virgil has to save them. In short the rooms of most of the sides are like that, impacting you in some way. You saw what happened in Patton's room with Virgil freaking out and Logan straight up leaving, now imagine Roman's room, in short everyone would abandon logic and anxiety (They both leave) and just look to the future, at all the possible bright things that could happen, similar to how Patton's room looks in to the past. Now Logan's room is a little different, the impact his room has on the other sides is more similar to Virgil's, instead of causing the other sides to feel discomfort and a need to leave, it heightens the bit of them in the sides, for Virgil it heightens their anxiety and for Logan their logic. Now for the first few seconds everything would be fine but then dreams start disappearing and being replaced by facts or more logical ideas, Patton would feel a similar feel Virgil does when going into Patton's room, discomfort, there isn't much room for feelings in there. But Virgil on the other hand would probably have felt the least impact due to the fact that logic is often used when having anxiety, like thinking of all the scary truths in the world makes you freak out and such. Why am I telling you this? Well a- because that's my theory and it applies in this book, and b- because that's the parts of the rooms they show in the videos. 
As the sides "improve" their rooms change. Patton accepting that he can be sad, Roman accepting that he can fail,  Virgil being accepted and feeling part of the group, Logan discovering emotions, these all lessen the impact their rooms have on other sides and the impact another side's room would have on them. In short, Logan can enter Virgil's room without freaking out. Sorry, but I feel like an explanation had to be given.
******
Logan's POV
Virgil was sitting on the ground, hugging his knees. My's eyes widened and I immediately went to hug him, I could feel the dampness of tears.
Virgil looked up, "I'm-" he sniffled, "I'm useless. I only- I only cause Thomas pain."
I hugged him tighter, "No you don't! You're an important side and Thomas needs you!" I tried my best to reassure but I certainly wasn't Patton.
"I'm the broken part of Thomas. The broken side." He says, wiping his tears.
I snorted, "You're the broken side? As Remy would say 'Bitch please.' I'm a logical side with emotions, I'm a mess! You, you're Thomas's fight or flight instinct, you help him in situations the rest of us can't! You're important, needed, and most definitely not broken, being broken seems to be my job."
"You not... Broken." He said, pausing for a moment, "And I guess I'm not either. You're human, or a side, or whatever the fuck we are." He gave a small laugh.
"Excuse you, I take pride in being the biggest fuck up here." I joked with grin.
He shoved me, laughing a little more now, I loved that laugh.
"Like you wanna fight me for that title? You'll need to get in line, both Remy and Roman are trying." I continued.
And with that he was full on laughing, trying not to at first but just giving in.
"We really are the fucked up sides." He said after a bit.
"I guess we are." I took his hand, he squeezed mine a bit.
"Hey Logan."
"Yeah?"
"Objectively or logically or whatever, am I helping Thomas?"
I looked him right in the eyes and kissed him.
"That's a yes."