Chapter 28

Virgil's POV
Logan got up from the ice with ease, giving Remy a cold look as he helped me up. He offered his forearms to me and we skated a safe distance away from both Remy and Roman before saying anything.
"They have something planned!" I said once the others were out of earshot.
Logan nodded. "Let's figurative lay our cards out to see what we can do."
"Okay so do you have another idea?" I asked.
"Of sorts. I'm thinking we could get Remy to side with us on our plan."
"What? After the stunt he just pulled?"
"Yes actually, you see Remy only did that because..." he pulled out a small stack of notecards, "UwU ship to strong... there is no way that's the right one."
"It actually was and remind me to burn your vocabulary cards." I said, cringing.
"Anyways, in short we already know Remy 'ships' Roman and Patton."
"So we could tell him our plan and get him to help us? Logan that's brilliant!" I smiled, my boyfriend is a fucking genius... a fucking genius who was blushing, I swear I could wink at him and he'd probably make the Microsoft error noises. "But every time we go near Remy, he'll do something annoying!"
"Correction, every time both of us go near Remy, if just one of us does, we will be safe." He said.
"So which one of us is going to make the sacrifice play?" I asked gravely.
"Well I wouldn't say it's anywhere close to that dangerous-"
"Figuratively."
"Well I don't really know much about 'shipping' and wouldn't make a very compelling case to begin with, relationships are confusing, complex things that I simple cannot simplify."
"Thank... you? I'm pretty sure that was vaguely directed towards me."
"It was." Logan confirmed, "So to summarize, you'd be an overall a better candidate to convince Remy."
"... Fiiiiiine." I said, a little grumpy about it because I was definitely still mad at Remy.
I managed to get my self onto the snow and imagine myself back into some snow boots, if I am to go in alone then I can't have Logan helping me skate.
"... And Virgil?" Logan said.
"What." It wasn't a question.
"I love you." He said jokingly.
I paused, "You've never said that before."
He blinked, "I haven't?"
I smiled and shook my head, "No take backs."
I trudged away through the snow towards the ice bridge (the stone one had a bit of a surprise under it and I certainly wasn't bringing Remy anywhere near that).