Chapter 34

Author's Note- Spoilers for DWIT ahead! Also I'm going to say this has loosely about the same content warning of that video, but not really.
Virgil's POV
The first thing that hits you is the cold. It always cold. The second is the smell. It made the air seem heavier, toxic.
I can't believe I'm back here. I did everything I could to get away from this place and here I am.
Logan squeezed my hand. He looked around, uncertain with his new surroundings.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
I nodded, I always thought I'd go through hell for Logan, but I never thought I'd have to.
You don't have to. He didn't want you to go through this again but you insisted on coming. Stop complaining.
"Virgil?"
I looked over to him, he could tell I was overthinking again.
"You shouldn't have to be back here, I'm sorry." He said.
I shook my head.
"Don't be, it was my choice to come with you."
"Oh isn't thisssss cute." A hiss colder than this place ever was flooded the room.
A mad cackle followed it.
And that wasn't Deceit's laugh.
"Oh goodie, Virgil's back!" Said a voice, actually giddy, which made it worse, "Guess you couldn't really escape us, could you?"
An all to familiar figure appear, Logan immediately took a step forward and diagonal so he was slightly in front of me.
"Oh, protective are we now?" Came a voice from behind us.
Deceit.
Logan and I pivoted towards the voice.
"Oh Logan, I don't believe you've been formal introduced to Remus." He smiled, "He generously fabricated those pleasant dreams of yours, so do say hello."
Remus wiggled his fingers in a childish yet unsettling wave, everything about him was unsettling.
Logan looked back at Remus, I could tell he was terrified, and I couldn't blame him after what he told me what his dreams depicted, but his expression was cold, calculating, and determined. I doubt anyone else would know how he was truly feeling.
"Now, let's cut to the chase, shall we? Remus?"
Remus smiled like a demon was possessing him, which would be ridiculous, because he was a demon, and snapped his fingers.
A dark cloud of smoke engulfed us, I squeezed Logan's hand, only to find it was gone.
"You're alone Virgil, you always will be." I could hear Deceit but couldn't pinpoint where he was, it sounded like he was everywhere at once.
"Show yourself!"
"Certainly." He appeared in front of me and I immediately went to sucker punch him.
My fist went straight through him, the force of the punch causing me to fall.
"Oh come on Virgil. You've grown so weak."
I spun around, facing him again.
"You're nothing without us and you know it, I'll never understand why you left." He was in front of me but his voice echoed through the void.
"Lies." I spat.
"You know I can be truthful Virgil, don't assume, it's impolite."
"So is being an absolute dick but here you are, fucking hypocrite."
"I see you still have your crude way of language." He started pacing around me, making me turn in circles to keep him in my line of sight.
"Why are you giving Logan nightmares? Was this some sort of trap?"
"Partially." He shrugged, "Why do you care so much about him? You'll never be good enough for him anyways."
I took a shaky breath, shaking my head.
"Stop."
"Never. Good. Enough." Deceit taunted.
"Stop it."
"You'll never be a light side."
"Stop it!"
"You. Just. Aren't. Good. Enough."
"I SAID STOP IT!"