Chapter 35

Logan's POV
A weird sense a familiarity filled me, this was just like my dreams... surrounded by a void of darkness, alone.
Virgil is gone! Where is he? Is he safe? I brought him down here, this is my fault.
"You're right." Deceit said, his voice was inside my head.
"You brought him here, to the one place he spent his whole life trying to escape." He laughed, cold and hard and loud. "And people call me the villain."
I winced, his voice pounded in my head, I felt like my scull might crack open.
"And then there's your whole, 'I do what's best for Thomas' but how many times have made him stay up all night to finish a project? And then you say all the negative impacts of lack of sleep when you yourself are the source of that lack of sleep."
His voice wasn't even loud. But I could hear it in every part of my thoughts, I couldn't escape it.
"So to summarize, you're a hypocrite. There I even used your reasoning to show you."
The pain worsened, any emphasis on words caused them to echo through my head.
"And you were never supposed to have emotions. It was an error in your programming, so to speak."
There isn't anything I could do about that though.
"What? You're not even going to say anything? Pathetic."
More emphasis.
"Get. Out. Of. My. Thoughts." My teeth were gritted through the pain now.
"Hypocrite."
"Get out."
"Pathetic."
"Please, just stop!" I clutched my hands to my head, the pain only worsening.
"Weak."
No emphasis.
I waited, he didn't say anything... was he gone?
As the pain in my head subsided, I became more away of my surroundings.
Snakes.
Tightening around me.
The dreams.
I'm going to die here.
Alone.