Chapter 5

Logan's POV
Images of my dream kept flashing up in my head, I needed a break, something to figuratively clear my head. I headed to the library, maybe some reading will help?
I picked up a Sherlock Holmes book,  A Study In Scarlet, to be exact. I sat down with my back against the book shelf, doing my best to focus on the words.
******
I was about halfway through the book when I heard the sound of a piano, I named the notes as they were played, trying to recognize the tune.
G, F#, B, E, D, G, C, B, E, A, D
It stopped, Virgil appeared around the corner.
"Hey, Logan." He said in a semi monotone voice.
"Salutations." I replied.
"Are we..." He paused, considering his choice of words, "Going to talk about it?"
"Preferably not." I responded, knowing he was referring to the dream.
He sighed, "Look, Logan... you can't just shut it all up inside yourself.  You don't have to talk about it right now but... eventually you should... that's what helped me."
"You went through a similar experience?" I inquired.
He nodded, pausing for a second, then elaborating.
"In the dream," He paused a took a deep breath, "Everyone hated me, I was the bad guy, to the viewers, you guys, Thomas, everyone, and to me, and at the time, I thought it was reality."
"But that is a cognitive distortion, nothing more, I doubt anyone hates you." I said, trying to sound reassuring.
"Well, I know that now, that it's a... cognative-"
"Cognitive."
"Corknavive?"
"Never mind."
"Well I know it's not real now but it felt like it was. Usually Roman would say 'I must defeat the evil' while pointing his sword at me, he stabbed me sometimes. Or I would go say hi to Patton and he would be scared of me."
"What would I do?" I inquired.
"You would say that I was ruining Thomas, that objectively I was making him worse, less productive." He said, fiddling with his hoodie's sleeves.
"Virgil..." There was an unfamiliar tug in my chest, I wasn't sure how to respond, "I- I'm sorry."
"Hey, it's just corgnalive distortions." He said with a shrug.
"Cognitive."
"Whatever."