Chapter 12

Logan's POV
I glance at Virgil, he caught my gazes, giving me a smile, I looked back down at my half eaten Crofter's covered toast, trying to hide my blush from Patton and Roman.
I looked up again, Roman was giving me a Ha! I know things! grin, I tried to keep myself from rolling my eyes. Finally, Patton stood up.
"Is there something going on I don't know about?" He asked, looking like a clueless puppy.
Roman snorted, "Is there."
Virgil looked at him, blinking, "How do you...?"
"Oh come, on it's so obvious!" He answered with a smirk.
"What is?" Patton asked, getting more and more confused.
I looked at Virgil, raising an eyebrow, Do you think we should tell them?
He shrugged, Either we do it or Roman does but it's a bigger deal for you, they don't know about the nightmares.
I sighed, I was just ready enough to tell Virgil about them, and knowing Patton and Roman, there would be a lot of questions.
"Patton, I don't believe there currently is anything you don't need to be aware of at this moment." I said, taking my dishes to the sink.
"Yeah right." Roman muttered out between coughs, luckily Patton didn't catch that.
"Well okay kiddos..." He said, then shrugged, resuming eating his breakfast.
I glance at Virgil before I leave, I want to talk. My room?
He nodded.
I sunk out appearing by my room, waiting.
A few seconds later he appeared next to me, I opened the door, sitting down on an office chair, gesturing to one nearby. It hadn't been their before, but neither had the constellation ceiling until a little while ago, our rooms often change with our moods.
"My nightmares." I started, I watched him blink in surprise, "Well, they changed over time. But the first one had you, Patton, and Roman, being suffocated by snakes."I shivered at the thought, "Deceit was talking."
"What?!" Virgil gasped, then settled down, "What did he say?"
"He said that I was the reason that this was happening, because I don't do anything, I stand and watch. Which I said was occasionally my role as a logical side. And he said," I took a deep breath in, then continued, "'Would a logical side have emotions?' And at the time I thought I didn't, that was my constant." I gave a small laugh, "Yet look where I am now."
He smiled and held my hand, I relaxed a bit and continued.
"He said that if I was emotionless, 'this' shouldn't bother you at all, and then- and then," I took a deep breath, Virgil squeezed my hand reassuringly, "The snakes started suffocating you three, I could see your pain, you were screaming but there was no sound, it- it-
"The next few dreams were similar, but Deceit wasn't there, he didn't talk to me, sometimes I would just hear laughing while you- But I could handle those a little better because I don't thing Deceit sent them, I think it was just my brain recreating it.
"But the last dream... it was just you, and Deceit was there. He said that the logical side wouldn't pick favorites, that was I really even that. He said I was a bad guy, a liar, and then..." My eyes welled up with tears, I looked up at Virgil, "I could here your pain in your scream. I couldn't do anything, I was helpless and- and you-"
Virgil wrapped me in a hug, not an awkward, being squeezed to death, Patton hug, but a I'm here for you, and I always will be, kind of hug.
I wiped my tears from my eyes, taking a deep breath, it hurt like hell to relive that but, I felt better now, relieved.
Things were going to be okay.