"We can't go eat dinner."

"Why not?"

"We need to do something about that." Hendery said, pointing to his face while looking at the cut on my cheek.

~

I looked at the mirror that was right next to the row of beds in the infirmary.

My face was covered with nasty scars and cuts, so were my arms, and legs. I dabbed the cut on my cheek with a towel I soaked with warm water. It stunk like hell and it made me flinch.

"Let me help you."

I saw Hendery's reflection behind me. He slowly took the soaked towel that was in my grip and made me turn around to face him. I watched him soak the towel with more water and squeezed it so it wasn't dripping. He slowly, gently tapped on a wound that was on my cheek.

I cringed so hard due to the stinging pain.

"I'm sorry." Hendery said.

"No, don't be."

"Lucas should be here in a few minutes." He said.

"Lucas?"

"The doctor— substitute doctor. He has mastered the art of healing from the Northern Water Tribe at the age of 16. He is my good friend and is also a very good healer." Hendery said.

"What happened to the real doctor?" I asked.

"He has to go back to his hometown to clear out some business."

It was so odd to see Hendery acting up like this. Before we got here he seemed fine, maybe a bit worried about me, but now he seemed like he was avoiding to meet my eyes.

I gripped his wrist, stopping him from treating me. Yet he still was not meeting my eyes.

"Something is clearly bothering you that you aren't telling me about."

His jaw tightened, "I told you to drop this—I am fine. You have nothing to worry about." He said, like he was threatening me more than making me relieved.

I loosened my grip on his wrist and let him resume.

I needed to talk to Jaehyun. I think I might've known about what's really happening here.

We heard someone cleared his throat and we immediately stepped further away from each other.

"Lucas," Hendery said, his mood seemed to be better.

He walked to Lucas and gave him a quick hug.

Lucas just smiled at Hendery and didn't say anything afterwards. He was tall and his dark hair was pushed back perfectly. He walked over to me and probably was scanning what was wrong with me.

His big bulging eyes finally met mine. "Hi there. I'm Lucas, and you are?"

I stared at him for quite sometime, and hated myself for doing that. "I'm Juli."

His eyes wandered to every inch of my face. "This should be easy and quick. May I ask what happened to you?" He said as he was guiding me to sit on one of the nearest beds.

"I ran... to the Dark Forest."

"For what? A morning jog?" Lucas said as he placed a big bowl of water on the side table.

Hendery snickered.

"Long story." I looked away from him.

Lucas smiled to himself. "Sorry, may I?" He was asking a permission to examine me and I nodded as a yes.