I put my hand on his palm. The cold of his hand sent shiver from the tip of my fingers to my entire body.

"Now close your eyes."

I did what he told me. Then the cold breeze brushed my face.

"I think the Sirens are gone." He said.

I felt his body moving closer to mine. He put my hair behind my ears. I felt his touch on my ears as he took the earplugs out.

"Now can you focus on my voice?" He said, softly.

How can I not? It's the only thing I could hear at the moment. The sound of the sea and the birds faded away as soon as he spoke.

I just nodded as an answer.

"Okay. I just want you to relax, you might experience flashes of memories you don't want to remember. They're going to be the memories that you fear the most, or that may cause the fear itself. Are you ready?"

I nodded again.

Then, it was as if I was sucked into my own mind. I was running, through the dark woods again. But this time, heading back to the institute.

I was inside of the library, reading the book about the Avatar. I saw myself frowning as I read it and closed the book in anger.

The image changed and I was in the clinic, laying on one of the beds. Victor was sitting beside me, arguing with me. I felt the emotions I felt when it happened: disappointment, anger, and fear.

The image faded away and I saw myself being held by the guards, holding me from coming closer to Jaemin and Renjun. I saw Victor made a call to take them away. I thrashed around and the ground started to grumble. A wave of strong wind blew everyone away from me. Then everything was black.

The next image appeared, I saw Hendery. Then I saw Renjun and Jaemin trying to hold back their tears. I was back inside of the small cabin in the woods somewhere in Atlanta. Then I realized this was when Mai...

I wanted to get out of whatever it was Taeyong was doing. I didn't want to relive this horrible moment.

"Stop resisting, everything will be alright." Taeyong's soothing voice said.

Then the image changed again. I saw myself hugging Renjun.

No, this has to stop.

Then I saw a lot of flashes of images of the things I tried to forget. Burning Renjun, then burning Mai's garden, the bullying in school. Then I saw myself as a kid, and Mai was trying to get closer to me.

then a shot of pain ripped the image away.

I opened my eyes to see Taeyong was no longer holding my hand, he was holding his head in pain instead.

"Are you okay?" I held his shoulder.

He nodded as an answer. He looked up to me and stared at me with unreadable expression. "You—you're..." he stammered and shook his head. Like he was surprised to have found out who I was.

"What is it?"

He hesitated to answer. "There's a strong curse on your mind guarding you from your own memories."

"I know." I mumbled. "You didn't tell me that you were going through all of my memories."

"Traumatic memories, fearful events, memories that cause fear as an emotional reaction. They're the only things that I can reach."

Then he leaned closer and cupped my face. He brushed his thumb under my eyes, erasing my tears. "I'm sorry you have to go through that again. I know this sucks,"