I sighed, "you really don't get it do you? Leaving me in the dark will only put me in more danger. It's okay, Victor. Just tell me what I have to know."

"I can't. It will only trigger the curse. I'm so sorry, Juli. And you almost did and you're lucky it didn't obliterate your mind."

I closed my eyes and breathed in. I got up from the bed and hopped off.

"Wait, where are you going?" Victor grabbed my hand.

I pulled my hand back, "to find my own answers."

~

I headed to the library, hoping to find a book about the Avatar.

I don't care if my brain shatters reading about it, I might as well die trying to find out about myself.

I went to the section 'The Bending Arts' and found a book titled The Master of All Four Elements.

That was easy.

I flipped open the first page.

Avatar Wan, was written below a picture of a man with dark long hair and beard.

He is the first Avatar.

-is the human embodiment of light and peace through the connection with the Avatar Spirit

-As the only physical being with the ability to bend all four elements, it is considered the Avatar's duty to master the four bending arts and use that power to keep balance among the four nations of the world, as well as between mankind and spirits.

I closed the book immediately. I was about right.

I've read about enough to know what being an Avatar means— responsibilities and duties.

Imagine having a high expectation that has already been set for you, when you yourself know that you will never going to make it. There is no way that I am the one who balances the bending world and the one who will have to master the four elements bending arts.

I ran out of the library not knowing where I was going.

I was angry. Anger building up inside of me, like hot boiling lava. I couldn't breathe properly. I ran 'till I reached the Main Hall and went straight out of it. I saw the big gates where Victor captured the boys.

I shove my hands in the air and released a gust of wind, strong enough for the big gates to part open. I went through it and kept running. I ran, and I ran in the opened field. Having no idea where it would lead me. My eyes were too blurry to see where I was heading. I was about to run into a dark looking woods where mist and fog were blanketing the whole area. I went through it and kept running.

I felt the spikes and sharp branches of the trees scratched various parts of my body, but it wasn't stopping me. At this point, I felt like I couldn't breathe, my chest hurt and I ran out of air from running too long.

The ground was getting steeper as I was running down a hill. I saw a bright light at the end of the hill and I still wasn't stopping.