Chapter 87

Good Morning guys! I wrote the last chapter of Ydkm yesterday and it was actually hurtful to say goodbye. There are still three chapter coming :)

Important
I want to know if anyone would be interested in a „spin-off" of the story? The story would continue in another book but it would be more about Malec's children. Like the story would be 10 years later or something. Ofc malec would be in it most it would be focused on their children. I planned it out but I'm not sure if I should do it so tell me what you would think💘
_______________________

Magnus POV

I stood in Alec's hospital room and watched him dress. Alec just had to be here for two days as it really wasn't as bad as it looked. He also seems to be doing reasonably well and with painkillers he had no pain.

Jonathan is back in jail and this time he apparently has no chance to break out. I really hoped that but I didn't feel safer. I was just scared that he would be back here hurting Alec. Meanwhile, I feel that we will never have our rest.

Isabelle, Jace and Maryse were also here, but they went home 10 minutes ago. They were so worried about Alec when they found out. No wonder, it's his family. When Alec finished dressing, he came up to me with a smile.

"I think we can sell the apartment, after all we live in the hospital anyway." Alec joked. I laughed softly and took his hand. "Everything okay?" Alec asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Do you think it's all over now?" I asked carefully. Alec sighed and put a hand on my cheek.

"I don't know, but no matter what else is coming, we get through it together." he said. I smiled weakly and kissed him. "Let's go." he said and I nodded. Together we left the hospital.

We went home by bus, because I still don't have a car. Maybe I should get a new one. The money isn't missing, but there has recently been more important things than buying a car, like fleeing from a psychopath.

When we came home, I went to the bathroom first to put Alexander's painkillers in the closet. I don't take some anymore I don't really feel the pain anymore. Probably because I'm concentrating on something else.

I sauntered back to the living room where Alec was sitting on the sofa, waiting for me. I slowly walked up to him and sat next to him. He opened his arms and I laid down to him. Of course I made sure that I didn't hurt him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him.

"Soon is the prom." I stated. In less than four days, to be exact. I wonder if we are still going.

"I know, you still want to go?" Alec asked. Did I want that? That was a good question. Actually, I was always looking forward to it.

"Actually, yes, it would be a normal evening and I would give everything for something normal, but who knows what will happen again." I answered. Alec sighed.

"You've been so quiet the last few days, is that what you thought about?" Alec asked. "Are you scared?" asked he.

"Honestly, yes, anytime I think we've gotten through the worst, something happens again, which destroys everything again." I explained. "What if someday someone of us really dies?" I asked. Alec said nothing because he can't promise that it will not be like this.

"What if we move away?" he asked, after a while. I sat upright and looked at him, surprised.

"You mean in a new apartment?" I asked and Alec shook his head.

"No, I mean to another city." he admitted. Oh, I didn't expect that. "I know it's in great demand, but if we move away from here, then we're away from all that evil, we could start anew." he explained. I smiled at him.

"Do you think we can escape from it?" I asked and Alec shrugged.

"We would be stupid not to try." he said smiling.

"And what about your family or my friends?" I asked. I think that's one of the few things that keep us here. Who knows, maybe we would have been gone long ago.

"We don't have to move to the other end of the world, we can visit them regularly." he suggested. "Listen, Magnus. I want you to be happy and if you can only be happy here, I accept that." he said. I smiled and leaned down to gently kiss him.

"I would love to move away with you." he answered after the kiss. He looked at me in surprise, as if expecting me to decline.

"You mean that?" he asked and I nodded. I think we are safer when we are away from here. Nobody knows Alecs and my story there and therefore we are just normal people there.

"You're right, we can start new there." I said. "Maybe I'll stumble again in a cafe, in a big wonderful man named Alexander Lightwood, and fall in love instantly." I said and he laughed softly.

"Was that so?" asked he. "Did you instantly fall in love with me?" he added.

"You haven't left my mind since then." I answered honestly. When I think back to the time when I and Alec talked for the first time, I realize that I didn't know what to expect. It brought me pain, fear but above all it brought me endless love.

"How do we do that with the school?" I asked, since Alec actually has one more school year.

"I just go to work, would be better anyway, so at least I earn money." he answered. That's true. "So, Magnus Bane, would you like to go to the prom with me?" asked he. I grinned.

"I would love to, Alexander." I chuckled. Alexander opened his arms again and I laid back down. I thought about what it would be like to live with him in another city. It's a really big step and I'm so ready to take it with him.

Sometimes I think about what would have happened if I hadn't broke up with Noah. If I had never heard about the deal. I knew I wouldn't be nearly as happy as I am with Alec. Because I am infinitely happy with him, no matter what we went through and I can hardly wait for our future. I have no contact with my father, but that wasn't bad. If he says he doesn't want me as a son then that's okay. I will not run after him. I have Alexander and that's all I need.