Chapter 55

Good Morning! We are so close to the 30k omg that's freaking amazing. Thank you guys so much. If I hit the 30k, I would like to do something special - but what? Any ideas?😅
______________________

Magnus POV

I stood in the bathroom and brushed my teeth. It was only 6:30, but I had to go to school today. I have a test, that's why I did not want to skip. I did not ask Alec, but I'm pretty sure he does not go to school. Who else should take care of Melodie?

For three days, we take care of Melodie together. He always stayed with me because it was easier that way. Since I was not at school, I have to tell Cat and the others what happened. Who knows how they will react.

I was torn from my thoughts when someone came through the bathroom door. I looked to the side and it was Alec. Okay, who else? Melodie probably not.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were in your room." he said. I spat out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth before answering.

"Apparently not, but it's okay, I'll be ready soon." I said and he nodded. "By the way, you can stay here today while I'm in school, I have food at home, if you want you can cook something." I meant. He nodded, smiling.

"Thank you." he said and wanted to go again.

"Oh and Alec?" I said and so he stopped and looked at me. I gave away my toothbrush. "How do we want to find out if she is your child?" I asked. He sighed, closed the door and leaned against it.

"I dont know." he sighed.

"What do you think about a paternity test?" I asked. That would be the simplest solution.

"Magnus, I can't afford that." he said. That was clear to me.

"Let that be my worry. I just need a DNA sample from both of you." I explained. Somehow we have to find out if it's his daughter or not. Kate will eventually want the money from him and why should he pay for someone he does not even really know?

"Are you sure?" he asked and I nodded. "Thank you, I owe you so much." he said. I smirked.

"You owe me a shower, so get out now." I laughed. He also grinned and left the room. Me and Alec are not so tense when we talk to each other anymore, but we did not get any closer either. I can't do this. We can laugh together, but as soon as we look lovingly at each other, I feel that pain again. I would love to leave it all behind, but I can not forget that he left me behind.

After I finished showering I put on my clothes. Done styled I went downstairs. There stood Alec, who was preparing breakfast. It reminded me of the time we were together. He always made breakfast when I was still sleeping. No stop. Do not think about that.

"Sure you do not want to have breakfast?" he asked. I nodded.

"I'm late anyway, I'm not going to starve." I meant. He nodded, smiling.

"Here, the DNA." he said and threw me a small box. I would have completely forgotten that again.

"Thanks, See you." I said and left the house. It was nice weather, so I decided to go.

The bus would be too full anyway. When I arrived on time, I went to my locker.

"Hey are you okay?" someone asked behind me. I turned and there stood Noah.

"Hi, Um, why shouldn't I?" I asked confused and took my books out of the locker.

"Because you were not at school for three days?" he said. Oh, yeah right.

"Yes, there were some problems, I explain everything during the lunch break." I said. He nodded, smiling. "Let's go?" I asked. He agreed and together we went to class.

The hours until lunchtime passed rather slowly, but I survived. I went with Noah to our table, where the others were already waiting. I have not had any classes with them so I have not talked to them yet.

"Magnus, where have you been?" Cat asked. I sat down with my tablet, sighing.

"Alec has a problem there and I helped him with it, Actually, I still do that." I admitted. Everyone looked at me confused.

"What problem?" asked Simon.

"Alec may have a daughter." I admitted. Everyone looked shocked. I thought they would react that way. At least that's how I reacted.

"Wait a minute , and you're going to help him raise the child or what?" Noah asked, confused. I unpacked the DNA and put it on the table.

"No, Melodie is with him for a week now and then this Kate will pick her up, but we do not know if she really is his daughter, so I would like to do a paternity test. I don't know, but my feeling tells me that she not Alec's daughter, there's zero resemblance. " I admitted. "Alec has been with me the last few days and I've helped him take care of her. He was overwhelmed, he's also at my house now and taking care of her." I explained. Catarina took the DNA and packed it in her bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked in confusion.

"I'll do it with the test, I want to help you too." She said. I smiled at her. That would save me the way to the lab today. "And what about Alec in general?" she asked now.

"What do you mean?" I asked. All eyes were on me.

"Well, it looks like you spent a lot of time, did you get closer?" Ragnor asked. I shook my head.

"No, I can't do that, I don't want that." I said and looked at the table.

"Why not, you still love him, where is the problem?" Raphael asked. I shook my head. They have no idea. They do not know how I felt.

"You don't know what you're talking about, you just don't understand it." I said. Cat sighed.

"What do I have to understand, why can't you just follow your heart?" she asked. I looked at her reproachfully.

"Because he broke my heart, I never want to feel that way again, I could not go through that again." I said with tears in my eyes. They all have no idea.