Chapter 70

Hellooo, I don't have anything to say so here is the new chapter :)
__________________

Magnus POV

I parked in front of Alec's apartment and got out. How would I address the topic? What do I do when he gets angry? Why does everything always hang on me? Maybe I should stop being nice to everyone.

I entered the apartment and immediately a smell of food approached me. I feel like we are married and I would have come home after a long day at work. I went to the kitchen where Alec stood and put the food on the plates. When he saw me, he smiled and came up to me.

"Hey, babe." he greeted me and kissed me on the lips. I returned the kiss and smiled weakly. He went back and put the plates on the table. "Sit down." He said and I did that.

The food looked good, but I knew Alec could cook. Probably even better than me. We started to eat and I was pretty quiet. I had to think about how I do that.

"Doesn't it taste good?" he asked skeptically. I looked up and shook my head.

"No, it tastes great." I replied, turning my eyes away.

"Magnus?" he said, so I looked up again. He looked worried. "What is wrong?" asked he. I sighed. I think now would be a good time.

"I lied to you, I wasn't with Catarina." I admitted. He looked at me confused. "I got a message from a unknown number that I should meet her in the cafe and I did that." I explained. Alec looked at me dumbfounded.

"Why didn't you tell me, what if that person did something to you?" asked he. I sighed, I didn't think about that, but I was lucky.

"The person wrote that it's about you and that's why I thought the person didn't want you to know." I admitted. Alec sighed and leaned back.

"Thank you for being honest." he said. "Who was the person and what did she want?" asked he.

"It was your mother, Alexander." I admitted and he looked at me in surprise. He sat up straight and seemed to be tensed.

"My mother? What did she want? Did she want to persuade you to break up with me?" he asked. I shook my head.

"No, she wants to talk to you." I admitted. He looked incredulous. I probably would not have expected that either.

"But I don't want to talk to her." he said stubbornly. That's a pretty difficult situation now.

"And I can't blame you." I answered. "I know, I wanted to stay out of it, but I think you should talk to her." I explained. He sighed annoyed and rolled his eyes.

"Magnus, please really stay out of this, that's something between me and my parents." he said. I sighed and took his hand.

"I know, Alexander, but I just want the best for you and I know you would feel better if you had a good relationship with your parents, at least to your mother. I mean at least you still have the chance." I explained and he looked at me sympathetically. "Besides, she said something that makes me think she regrets it all." I admitted.

"What did she say?" asked he.

"She said that she has already lost a son and doesn't want to lose you forever too." I answered. Alec looked at me overwhelmed and took a deep breath.

"Okay, I'm talking to her, but only if you're there." he agreed. I smiled at him. I was glad that we didn't argue. "You can call her and tell her to come here." he said. I nodded and picked up my phone.

After I let Maryse know, Alec and I ate and put the plates into the dishwasher. I noticed that Alec was pretty tense. I didn't know what to expect. I wonder how she wants to apologize for simply throwing Alec out. After twenty minutes the doorbell rang. Alec looked at me nervously.

"Hey, it'll be alright, I'm with you." I said and put my hand on his cheek. He nodded and together we opened the door. As expected, Maryse stood there.

"Alec, thanks for letting me talk to you." she said. She seemed pretty nervous herself. Alec nodded and we let Maryse enter. She looked around in surprise. "You live here? I thought you live in your hut?" she asked in surprise.

"Um, yes I did, but I live here since today. Thanks to Magnus." he said and I smiled at him. "Sit down and talk." he said. Maryse nodded and all three of us sat down at the table.

"Alec, I'm so sorry about everything." Maryse started. Alec took my hand, which was on the table. It seemed to make him stronger.

"You can't just say sorry and everything is fine again." he said. He's right. What does she expect?

"I know, but I had no choice then, Robert couldn't bear the idea that you were gay, so he wanted to kick you out." she explained.

"And you agreed!" Alec said loudly. I gently squeezed his hand to indicate that he should calm down.

"I had to, Alec. He threatened to leave me if we don't." she defended herself. I looked at her indignantly. What would be so bad about it? You should always choose your children.

"Robert's an asshole. You had a choice, me or Robert and you chose him and sent me away. Your own son." he said. Maryse's eyes shimmered as if she had tears in her eyes.

"If I had broke up with him then we would have lost everything - the money, the house and the company. We would have been on the street and I couldn't let that happen - Max was still so young." she explained. I looked to Alec. He also had tears in his eyes.

"We would have found a solution, but you sent me out onto the street, I was young too! Do you know how difficult it was?" he said and squeezed my hand tightly. I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to get involved.

"I know, I've made mistakes, many mistakes and could I take them back-"

"You can't do that." he said and a tear ran down his cheek. I felt sorry for him. She sighed.

"I have never stopped loving you, you have always been my son." she said. You could see that she was trying to hold back the tears as well.

"It doesn't matter, you weren't here. You don't even know me." he said.

"I am your mother, there is no one who knows you better." She said. A mother knows her child well, but there is still much that Maryse doesn't know.

"Magnus does. Magnus knows me better than anyone and he always stood by my side." he said. I looked at him and smiled weakly.

"I want to change, Alec. Please let me make it up to you." She said. Alec sighed.

"I give you a chance, but you can't just turn us back into a family, give me time." he said. Maryse sighed and nodded. She got up and we did that too.

"I hope you can forgive me." she said before she left the apartment. When she was gone, I turned to Alec and hugged him. It was at least a start.