Chapter 39

Hey guys! Thank you so much for 17k reads and 1k votes! That means really a lot to me. School is almost over and then I will be more active than ever. <3
This is just a short chapter and I am sorry about that but I couldn't get more out of it.

Magnus POV

I lay in my bed, just staring up. I felt so empty and abandoned. Since Alec broke up yesterday, I feel nothing but pain. I did not understand why he suddenly does not love me anymore. Did I do something wrong? Was I a bad boyfriend? Was that too stressful for him? Or did he never love me? So many questions I could not even ask, because everything went too fast.

I could not sleep all night. I just lay there, thinking. I was hoping he'll come back and say he did not mean it, but he did not. I always thought people exaggerating with lovesicknss, but no, they do not. It is painful to lose the person you love most. It is unbearable. I did not understand it. A few days ago everything was still great and now? What happened?

My head turned to the side as my phone lit up. I immediately sat up and grabbed the phone, hoping it was Alec. But it was not. It was Cat:

Hey Mags! Are you and Alec
coming to the lake today? You
didn't message us yesterday.

No, we won't.

Is everything
okay with you?

It feels like everything
is falling apart.

I am on the way.

Sighing, I put my phone away. I wanted to be alone, but then I wanted to talk to somebody about it. Maybe Cat could help me. Maybe she knows better about relationships. So I waited in my bed and still did not move from the spot.

When Cat rang half an hour later, I was struggling to get out of bed. My limbs hurt, but what do I expect when I'm lying all the time. Slowly I went downstairs. Before I opened the door, I saw myself briefly in the mirror again. I had dark circles, ruffled hair and I looked teary. At the time I did not care, so I just opened the door.

Cat stood as expected in front of the door and looked at me in surprise. The sun blinded me and I wondered what time it was now. I stepped aside and let her in. Immediately I went back upstairs to hide in my bed again. Catarina just followed me wordlessly. When I was upstairs, I let myself fall into bed.

"Magnus, what's wrong? Where's Alec?" she asked in confusion. To hear his name hurt.

"He is gone." I said softly.

"What do you mean with gone?" Cat asked in surprise.

"Alec broke up with me." I answered. My heart tightened again. She looked at me shocked and sat down at my bed.

"Wait, what? Why?" she asked. She probably did not understand it any more than I did.

"I don't know, Cat. He doesn't love me anymore." I meant. And again my heart was cramping.

"Is that a joke? Alec loved you more than anyone else." She said. I sat up and felt a tear running down my cheek.

"Apparently not." I answered, wiping my tears away. Cat sighed and put her hand on my thigh.

"I'm so sorry, Mags." she said. I said nothing but just thought. It stayed quiet for at least a minute until I cleared my throat again.

"Is it me? Is it my fault why people always leave me? Maybe I am just destined to be alone." I said after a while. Cat looked at me sympathetically and shook her head.

"No it isn't you and you are not alone. You have us." she said. I gave her a little which faded shortly afterwards. "Okay but look- What if you talk to him on monday? You will see him in school anyways." she suggested. I was thinking about it but what if I will cry in front of everybody? But otherwise I can't just do nothing.

"Okay." I said and nodded. She came to me and pulled me into a hug. I returned it and pulled her close. It was what I needed.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Cat asked as she let go. I looked at her in confusion.

"Didn't you want to go to sea with the others?" I asked. That was actually our plan for the weekend. Catarina shook her head.

"Actually yes, but the others will manage without me." she answered.

"That's cute, but not necessary. Have a good time." I said. Again she shook her head.

"I will not leave you alone now, I'll write a message to the others that I'll come along next week, and so will you." She said. I sighed. I did not really feel like it. On the other hand, who knows, maybe everything will be fine between me and Alec. At least I hope so.

I nodded and she gave me a smile. She picked up her cell phone and wrote Ragnor a message. I was glad she stayed here. I actually wanted to be alone, but now that she's here I'm glad I'm not alone anymore. It did not hurt less, but I did not feel left alone.

I turned on the TV and together we searched for a movie. We decided on a comedy, because that might cheer me up a bit. I tried to concentrate on the film, but my thoughts kept wandering to Alec.