Chapter 32

Together, Magnus and I were lying on the sofa. He had his head on his lap and I stroked his hair. We watched a romantic-comedy on Netflix. It was not really funny, but now and then we laughed.

It was Saturday afternoon and tonight Clary's party would take place. Since I had clarified everything with my siblings, Magnus was able to persuade me to come along. Well, he did not really have to persuade me because I worry about him very fast anyway. I have always been very protective and I can't help it. He is soft-hearted, and to me it seems like he breaks if someone touches him. Maybe it's just because he means so much to me.

"I don't understand why the guy just doesn't tell her that he loves her." I said. He chuckled.

"You did not tell me you loved me right?" he answered and sat up.

"No, but I kissed you." he explained. I had to smile as I thought back to it.

"And before that, you watched me and crushed on me for months." he laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't have a crush on you, I just thought you are interesting." I answered, smiling. I pulled my phone out of his pocket when he got a message. It was Isabelle.

Hey Alec, would like to get ready at our place?
We could spend some time and I would
like to introduce you to Clary.

I read the message out loud, so Magnus also knew what she wrote. I looked at him and waited for him to say something. I wouldn't mind spending some time with them, but if Magnus wants to get ready with me here, it's absolutely fine.

"Sounds good, do you wanna go?" he asked

"I mean I would, but if you want to get ready with me, I can stay here." I thought he shook his head.

"No it's okay, we'll see each other at the party and afterwards anyway." he said and I nodded, smiling. I leaned forward and kissed him gently.

"Then I'll be on my way, see you." I answered. I took my things and left the house. I made my way to Isabelle. It would be faster by bus than by foot so I decided to take the bus.

When I stood in front of the house, I tensed. I have bad memories of this house. Even though I knew that Maryse and Robert were not here, I was afraid to enter it. Hesitantly, I rang the bell.

Shortly thereafter, Isabelle's door was opened. She smiled at me and lovingly embraced me in her arms. Immediately, I return the hug. She took a step to the side and I entered.

"Nothing has changed here." I noticed, surprised. I got rid of my shoes and went in further.

"Of course not. Mom and Dad are almost always working and if not then they go on vacation without us, of course. " she explained. That sounded pretty much like our parents. At that time they did not care much for us, which is why I mostly took care of my siblings.

I stood in the dining room and everything was there as it was then. Even the ugly statue was still in the same place. It always looked cozy and warm here.

"Alec?" a familiar voice asked behind me. Slowly I turned around. It was Max who was just entering the dining room. He has grown so much.

"Max!" I said. I kneeled down and he ran into my arms. I hugged him tightly.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, pleased.

"Izzy invited me." I admitted and he looked happily at Isabelle, who just stood there and smiled at us.

"Will you come home again?" asked he. I was sorry that I could not do that.

"Unfortunately not, but I will visit you regularly." I explained. He held up his little finger and looked at me.

"Promise?" asked he. I smiled at him and crossed my little finger with his.

"Promise." he answered and now he smiled again. Izzy cleared his throat, interrupting the moment.

"So Maxwell, if you want, I'll turn on the TV for you and you'll watch your favorite series." Me and Alec, unfortunately, have to get ready now." Izzy explained and Max nodded. Isabelle turned on the TV and Max sat down on the sofa. She took my hand and pulled me into her room.

"He has grown." I said as I sat down on her bed.

"I do not notice that much." she said as she rummaged in her makeup bag.

"Will he stay here alone tonight?" I asked. He was not a baby anymore, but he was not that old. She shook her head.

"He's staying with a friend, we have to drop him off there before the party. Can I do your hair?" she asked. Why were all so obsessed with making my hair? What's wrong with them?

"Um, if you have to." I answered. If I can not even resist Magnus, how should I do it with my sister? Smiling, she started fumbling with my hair.

"So you and Magnus, how did that happen?" she asked curiously.

"Actually not that beautiful, I had a dispute with someone, because of money and he has interfered and pressed the money in his hand." I explained to her. That's not how a beautiful love story begins.

"And after that you were together or what?" she asked. I chuckled.

"No, then we both often got into trouble and we helped each other, even if we did not really know each other until Magnus almost killed himself unintentionally and I realized how much I really like him." I explained. I smiled as I told this.

"Wait, Magnus almost died?" she asked in confusion.

"Yes well, the beginning was not as it should be." I said with a chuckle. Isabelle smiled.

"Do you love him?" she asked smiling.

"Yeah, I like the way he touches me and it may sound cheesy, but I like the way I feel when he looks at me." I explained.

"Like how?" she asked.

"Like there is someone who believes in me. It makes me wanna be better." I explained. She made a loud 'Awh'.

"I do not think it's cheesy, I think it's true love." she said with a smile. I also had to smile. It was good to hear that.