Chapter 80

Alexander POV

"First, your boyfriend is stable and he will be fine." said the doctor and immediately a stone fell from my heart. That was the most important. I could never have forgiven myself if worse had happened to him. "But it will take time." he added.

"What has he and what exactly has happened?" I asked nervously. The doctor looked in his documents.

"A drunk driver came to meet him and they crashed into each other and your boyfriend's car turned over." he told me. A cold shower came over me. The idea of seeing Magnus in this car hurt so much and scared me. "He suffered an open fracture of the arm and a concussion, and he had some bruises. We had to fix the bone, so the emergency surgery." he explained. I held my hand over my mouth and tears rose in my eyes. That was all my fault. Lois, who was still standing next to me, looked at me sympathetically.

"Can I go to him?" I asked. I just wanted to see him.

"Yes, but he isn't awake." he said. I just nodded and the doctor turned around. He took me to Magnus's room. "We'll keep him here for observation, but if someone takes care of him at home, it will not be a problem if he can get out soon." the doctor explained before we entered the room.

"I'll take care of him." I answered. He nodded and then opened the door. He didn't go in but said goodbye. I went in and closed the door behind me. I kept going in and there he was lying. He had scratches on his face that are not from his father. Again tears welled up in my eyes. I took the chair and put it next to his bed.

I sat down and reached for his hand. I made sure it was the one that wasn't hurt, though it's hard to say what's not hurting him. It was like he was broken. As if his beautiful body and his beautiful face had been crushed. I gently stroked the back of his hand with my thumb.

"Magnus, maybe you can hear me." I began. "That's my fault, I shouldn't have let you go and I shouldn't have called you." I said and a tear flowed down my cheek. "I love you, okay?" I said, wiping the tear away.

I leaned back and closed my eyes, but I left my hand on his. When I almost fell asleep for a moment someone called me and I jumped up again. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was Cat. It was 4 o'clock in the morning, why was she awake? I picked up nervously.

"Hey?" I asked softly.

"Alec? I just woke up because Simon was snoring so loud and since I couldn't sleep anymore. I took my cell phone." she explained to me. Thus my question would be answered. "I saw online that there was an accident with two badly injured. Was that Magnus's car? Please say I'm just tired and Magnus is okay." she asked. I was silent and sighed. "No .." she said.

"I'm with him in the hospital right now, but he's stable." I answered, trying to get across. "Cat, that's my fault. I called him." I said in a shaky voice.

"No, Alec, it is not, I read that the other one was drunk and Magnus has no chance to dodge." She said. "I'll come over with the others tomorrow morning, is that okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure." I answered. Magnus would certainly be happy if he's already awake.

"Just try to sleep a little and don't blame yourself. See you tomorrow." she said. I also said goodbye and hung up. I put my phone away and closed my eyes. Slowly, I drifted off into a light sleep.

I woke up slowly as I felt something under my hand moving. I opened my eyes and looked at Magnus, who slowly opened his eyes. Immediately I was wide awake and sat upright.

"There you are." I said softly and completely relieved. He blinked often, since he first had to get used to the light and then at some point looked to me. "I'm so glad you're awake." I said with tears in my eyes. I wonder how my body can produce so much tear fluid. Magnus looked at me confused.

"Who are you?" asked he. I looked at him confused and grabbed his hand tighter.

"Magnus, it's me, Alec." I said, but he kept looking at me confused. "No, please, I'm your boyfriend." I said, trying to hold back my tears. He can't have forgotten me. Suddenly he started to grin.

"I'm just kidding." he said hoarsely and grinned. I took a deep breath of relief, let go of  his hand and leaned back.

"That's not funny." I said and now a tear ran down my cheek. A tear of anger, grief, worry and relief. Magnus looked at me sympathetically.

"hey, I'm sorry, don't cry." he said, holding out his hand. Well, at least as far as he could. He was still pretty weak, but he could still make jokes.

"I was so worried about you." I said softly and took his hand. He squeezed it lightly.

"I can't remember everything, but I'm fine." he said. That was a lie. He wasn't feeling well. Ge was hurting, but he wouldn't admit it, so as not to make me any more worried.

"No, you're not fine. I thought I'd lose you, just like I lost Max. You don't have to pretend you're not hurt." I explained. He smiled gently at me and put his hand on my cheek.

"I'm still here, I'm here with you, whether with or without pain." he said, gently stroking my cheek with his thumb. "You won't get rid of me that easily." he said with a grin. I also started to smile slightly. "Do I see a grin in your face?" asked he.

"You are unbelievable, Magnus Bane." I said, leaning in to gently kiss him. He sighed softly and grabbed his head. Immediately I stopped again. "I'm sorry." I said. "You have a concussion, a broken arm and a few bruises, the tenderness will probably not work out." I explained.

"That's definitely the worst thing about it." he said and I laughed softly.