Chapter 53

Good Morning. I just woke up and the first thing I do is uploading hihi. I wrote 4 chapters yesterday, that's not normal hehe.
Alsoooo my biscuit just brought out a new story soo it would be amazing if you would check up her acc, she also has malec stories. Shadowxtrash <3
And now have fun with the chapter.
________________

Magnus POV

I was awakened by the ringing of my cellphone. Annoyed, I sat up and grabbed my phone. It was just eight o'clock, who wants something now? It was Cat. Sighing, I answered.

"It's eight o'clock in the morning, what do you want?" I asked sullenly. I went to bed late last night so I was tired.

"Someone is in a good mood." she said sarcastically. Funny. "Me and the others are going to the cinema tonight, are you coming?" she asked. I rubbed my eyes and wondered if I was up to something.

"Uh yeah, we can do that." I meant. Better than squat alone at home.

"Okay, then I'll pick you up at 7." She said. Sounds like a plan.

"Oh, and Cat?" I said. "I broke up with Noah yesterday." I admitted.

"What? Why that?" she asked in confusion. I sighed.

"I don't love him the way I should, even if I wanted to. It's just better that way." I meant. I wanted to tell her now. Who knows, maybe Noah will come with us and I do not want to have an unpleasant mood.

"I thought so, if you want, I'll stay overnight with you and we'll talk about everything." she suggested. It would be nice to talk about everything again.

"That would be great, see you." I meant. She said goodbye and hung up. I lay down again. Maybe I could sleep a little bit more. After all, I have not had much sleep lately anyway. But when I closed my eyes, the doorbell rang. Seriously? I hate people.

Sighing, I got up. I had only my pants on, my upper body was free.I could have put on a shirt, but it will not be so important. So I just went down to the door. I opened the door and there stood Alec and a little girl. What the? I usually expect Alec always and everywhere, but right now I'm just surprised.

The girl had a bag in her hand and Alec two coffees. What did they intend to do? Just have a random breakfast with me? And who was that little girl anyway? Does Alec have another sister I do not know about?

"Um hi?" I said, looking at Alec, confused. And all at eight o'clock in the morning. I think I should just go back to bed.

"Can I come in? I really need your help." asked he. I raised my eyebrow. Why the hell is he coming to me? "Please, I do not have anyone else." he added. I sighed and let the two in. They came in and went to the kitchen. I watched them skeptically. A very strange day.

"Do you want to explain what's going on here?" I asked, crossing my arms. He took the bag from the child and put it on the table, as well as the coffee.

"Magnus, that's Melodie, she's my daughter." he said. My jaw dropped. Wait what? That's a bad joke.

"That's a joke, isn't it?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I know that all sounds crazy, but I did not know anything about it myself. I do not even know if she really is my daughter. Magnus, I'm desperate. I can't do that alone." he sighed. I looked at Melodie, who was looking around my house. She did not even look like him.

"Are you serious and why are you coming to me and not to your sister?" I asked. Why always me? I just want to have my peace.

"She's already stressed enough with Max, I do not want to burden her any more. Believe me, I would not ask you if it was not important." he explained. I rolled my eyes annoyed. "Mags, I'm not ready to be a dad, I do not know anything about kids. I know, it may be a bit much and I understand if you say no, but I'm really lost." he added. He really seemed overwhelmed.

I looked to the child and then back to Alec. I was still so mad at him that I wanted to send him home, but I can not let him down now. I somehow felt sorry for him.

"Okay, well, I'll help you, but just so that's clear, I'm not doing this for you, but for the kid." I meant. He nodded. "And we do not talk about us, I can not endure that." I meant. He nodded again. Well, that would be clear.

"I brought breakfast, Melodie was hungry and at home I only had porridge." he explained, holding up the bag.

"Then let's have breakfast instead, before she gets angry." I said and Alec smiled. I also smiled weakly. I took out plates and put them on the table. I also put some things on the table like Nutella or butter.

Together we sat down at the table. Melodie sat next to Alec and ate her croissant. Alec cut the croissant in two so she does not have to hold the big one. It looked pretty sweet and it warmed my heart.

"I am Magnus, and you are?" I said then, so she gets to know me. She smiled at me.

"Melodie." She said. I also smiled at her and Alec.

"A very beautiful name." I meant. She grinned and took another bite of her croissant. Me and Alec just ate rolls.

"Why didn't I get a chocolate croissant?" I asked sarcastically. Alec smiled.

"Next time you'll get one." he said. I nodded grinning.

"So what exactly happened?" I asked him. He swallowed and started to talk. He told me how this Kate came to him and gave him Melodie. He said that she wants money from him and he has to look for a job. It all seemed suspicious to me. Why should she come now? Something is wrong. Does Alec know that?

"Do not you think that's all a bit strange?" I asked. He shrugged and finished his roll.

"Yeah, but what should I do? I can not just give Melodie away. What if she's really my daughter? I do not want to screw up everything in my life." he said. Was that related to us? I looked at him sympathetically.

"We will work that out." I said and smiled at him. He smiled back. At least he would not be alone anymore.