Chapter 61

Good morning! I think my writers block got better :) wohooo. I try to write a chapter today so I can upload tomorrow <3
_________________

Alexander POV

It was Saturday morning. Me and Magnus sat at the table and ate breakfast. Today was my birthday, but no one knew that. Not even Magnus. Only my family, if they can remember. I never celebrated my birthday so why should I now? Besides, I did not want Magnus to buy me some expensive gift.

Sure it would be nice to hear a "Happy Birthday", but I often brought my birthday alone, so I'm used to it. Besides, it would be strange to say 'Hey, Magnus. By the way, It's my birthday today. ' He would feel bad.

"I hope you enjoy the pancakes." he said and thus tore me from my thoughts.

"Um, yes they are good." I said. He looked at me skeptically.

"What is wrong?" he asked, putting down his cutlery.

"Nothing, why are you asking?" I asked. He sighed.

"You're thinking all day, what's on your mind?" he asked, putting his hand on mine.

"I'm fine, just a little tired." I meant. He smiled and nodded.

"I hope that changes until we get to the lake, otherwise you'll be sitting around like a boring noodle all the time." he said and I laughed softly.

I'm looking forward to the day at the lake. Just before I broke up with Magnus, he wanted to go with me and when I saw him with Noah, it hurt so much because I should have been the one. Now it's me. We ate and cleared. After that, we began to pack important things, such as bathing trunks.

"Do you have the sunscreen?" Magnus called out of the bathroom as I packed the bag in the bedroom. It felt like me and Magnus living together, but it's not like that. Although I spend almost every night here. We both can sleep better, when we're together.

"Yes, I have." I said and he came through the door. He wore a white tank top and shorts. You could see his muscle and I liked what I saw.

"Well then we can go." he said, holding out his hand. I took her and together we left the house. We took the bus because it was hot and we did not really feel like walking. We held the whole ride and he leaned his head against my shoulder. When we arrived we got out and walked a bit. From afar I heard music and I looked at Magnus confused.

"Is there any event here today?" I asked and he shrugged.

"No idea, maybe a summer event." he said. I nodded and we went on. When we stopped, I saw something that I did not expect.

Everything was decorated, music was on, snacks were at the table and a big poster on the "Happy Birthday, Alec." was there. I just stood there and smiled. All were there. Cat, Izzy, Jace, Raphael, Clary, Ragnor, Simon and even Noah.

"Surprise!" all shouted loudly. I was speechless. I looked at Magnus, who smiled broadly.

"Happy Birthday, baby." he said softly. I pulled him over and pressed my lips to his. Nobody has ever done such a thing for me. As I released my lips, I smiled at him.

"Thank you guys." I said and everyone came up to me. Almost everyone hugged me.

"Even though we did the most things, that was all Magnus idea." Cat said and he smiled proudly.

"But how did you know that?" I asked.

"I saw it on your ID." he said. "Don't you think I'm interested in your birthday?" he asked laughing.

"Just one more thing." Simon said and I looked at him in confusion. Suddenly everyone began to sing.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, dear Alec. Happy Birthday to you." they sang, while Clary came with a big cake. She gave it to me and on the cake were to little man.

"The men are to represent you and Magnus." Clary explained. "I baked it with my mother." she admitted. I smiled at her.

"Thank you. Really, nobody has ever done that for me. " I admitted.

"You did not have a Magnus in your life before." Ragnor said. I laughed and turned to him. I pulled him to me.

"Yes, it was a terrible time." I said and everybody laughed.

"Do we eat the cake now?" Jace asked impatiently. I nodded and together we started to celebrate. We sat at the table and talked to each other. It was nice to see everyone together. Usually, my friends don't do anything with my siblings, well, except Simon, but that's different today.

After we had eaten cakes, Magnus and I sat on the blanket while others jumped into the water. Magnus rested his head on my shoulder and I stroked the back of his hand.

"I am glad that the surprise worked out." he said.

"This is the first birthday I celebrate, most of the time I was alone, I'm glad to have you." I admitted and blew a kiss on his hair.

"You have me now, me and my friends, you are no longer alone." he said. I smiled. How much I love him. "I have something for you." he said and took his bag. He pulled out a photo album and gave it to me. I opened it and there were a lot of pictures of me and him in it. It was beautiful. "Happy Birthday, love." he said. I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Magnus. That's beautiful." I said, smiling. Even though we've been through a lot, we have plenty of beautiful memories.

The moment was interrupted when someone cleared their throat behind us. We turn around and there stood Noah.

"Can I talk to you for a minute, Alec?" asked he. I looked surprised at Magnus, who seemed surprised too.

"Um, sure." I said and got up. Noah walked away and I followed him. I hope he does not kidnap me. I smirked at the thought.

"What's up?" I asked with crossed arms. This is the first time I've talked to him since I'm with Magnus again.

"I just want you to know that I do not want anything bad for your relationship." he said. I looked at him in surprise. "Magnus is important to me, he's my best friend and I want the best for him and you're the best for him." he explained. I did not expect that.

"I just hope we can break the ice between us too, I would like to talk to you normally without being afraid that you hate me forever." he admitted. I took a deep breath.

"I don't hate you, Noah, I didn't even when you were with him. I'm grateful that you cheered him up when I hurt him." I admitted. He smiled and held out his hand. I shook it.

"So everything is fine between us?" he asked and I nodded. "Good, then off to the water." He said and ran to the water. I laughed and ran to Magnus. I picked him up and ran with him to the jetty.

"Let me go, Alec. No, don't you dare." he exclaimed, laughing. I counted and then I jumped into the water with him. The water was not cold but not very warm either. Simply cooling. When we reappeared he clung to me.

"I love you, you asshole." he said. I laughed and kissed him.

"I love you too." I answered.