Chapter 5

I spent the whole Sunday in bed because I was still in pain. I hoped it would be okay until Monday so my friends wouldn't notice. I did not hear anything from Alec, which did not surprise me, but I had to think of him all the time.

I slowly went down to the kitchen to take a painkiller. I made myself a coffee and sat down at the table. I did some things for the school. It took me about an hour to do that.

Then I sat in front of the TV and started a show. I wondered if Alec was okay. It could also be that he had problems because he beat up this guy. On the other hand, I was sure Alec could take care of himself pretty well. Nevertheless, I was worried. I spent the rest of the day watching TV or in my bed.

The next day I still had pain, but it was definitely better. As long as nobody touches the sensitive areas, I could hide that well. The only problem was my blue eye. I could only hope that make-up could save the whole thing.

So I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I took my concealer and my powder, and tried to cover it up as much as possible. That actually worked pretty well. I put on my clothes and went downstairs.

I was not really hungry so I did not have breakfast. I packed up my school supplies and made my way to school. I met Cat on the way and she hugged me tightly when she saw me. I gave a small sigh of pain as she hugged me a little too hard.

"Hey, are you alright?" Cat asked and Magnus nodded, smiling. Cat smiled too and we continued to go to school. When we got there, we stood in the big school corridor and waited for the others. I looked to the side and saw Alexander there beside his friends.

We had eye contact, but it was interrupted when my other friends approached me. I looked at Ragnor, who hugged me as well. I sighed quietly again and pinched my eyes. He let go of me and looked at me confused.

"Are you okay?" he asked me confused and I nodded perplexed. I looked over at Alec, who watched us and then back to Ragnor.

"I just slipped and now have a bruise on my back." I told them. I did not want to tell them about Friday night. They would ask me if I lost my mind because I interfered in Alec's stuff, which was obviously dangerous.

"You can't even walk normally." joked Simon and I grinned. The others went into class and I looked again briefly to Alec who still looked at me. I smiled at him and followed the others into the classroom.

I sat down next to Cat like every time. I was nervous because we would get our math test back now. Although I had a good feeling but I had that often and then I still had a bad grade.

"I'm sure you have a good grade." Cat said to calm me down. I just smiled and said nothing. When the teacher came in with the tests, I reached for Catarina's hand. I've never been so scared of a piece of paper. It depends on the test if I make it to the next school year.

The teacher started to hand out the tests. Cat got her test first and of course she had the best grade of all. I waited impatiently until the teacher finally put my test on the table. I did not dare to look.

"Should I look for you?" Cat asked me and I nodded with closed eyes. She took the paper and looked at it. I just looked at her nervously and waited for her to tell me my result.

"You did it, you stay with me in the class." she said loudly and jumped up. I looked at her in surprise and she showed me my grade. I also jumped up and hugged her. It hurt, but that did not matter to me at the moment. I was positive which meant I passed. My other friends smiled atme proudly.

The rest of the lesson was as always and so were the remaining hours. Since the last two hours have been canceled, we were done earlier than usual.

I walked with Ragnor and Simon down the hall on the way to our locker. We talked about today's school day which was not an exciting topic. I saw Alexander standing by his locker. He glanced up at me, then turned his eyes away. We passed him and went on with our conversation.

We were interrupted when a big guy passed between us and pushed me and the others away. He was strong because I fell against a locker. I sighed in pain because my upper body was already full of bruises anyways. I was sitting on the ground and noticed that it was this footballer. His name was Sebastion and was one of the biggest assholes of the school.

I looked to the side to see him. I saw Alexander looking at me first and then angry at sebastian. He seized Sebastian and pushed him against the wall. You could see sebastian's fear in his face. He did not think that it would really have consequences because no one ever cared what he does with us. He had tyrannized us more often.

"Never dare to touch him again." he whispered to Sebastian. Everyone looked at the two. Alec let go of him and looked at me. He turned and left. Ragnor and Simon looked at me confused. They went to me and helped me up.

"What the hell was that, why did Alexander Lightwood just defend you?" Simon asked me confused. Ragnor looked at me expectantly.