Chapter 27

Magnus POV

I was on my way home. The school day was quite acceptable. Alec was done an hour earlier than me and he said I should come to him. Normally we meet at my place, but since my father is here, that would be rather inappropriate.

I wrote a message to my father from Ragnor's cell phone that I am staying at Catarina's today. He does not have to know that I stay with my boyfriend. Cat, however, does not talk to me anymore. I'll tell her everything soon, but there was no suitable option today.

I approached his door. I didn't go to Alexander often, as he only lived in a hut, but she looked pretty comfortable in my opinion. I knocked on his door and waited impatiently for someone to open the door.

When Alec opened the door, he greeted me with a kiss. I entered and a smell of food came to meet me. It smelled really good. Alexander immediately ran back to the stove.

"What are you doing?" I asked him curiously. He took a pot from the stove and put it on the dining table.

"I thought I would cook something, thanks to me you missed your lunch break." he said. I smiled at him. This is the most normal and sweetest thing he has done so far. With all the stress we've had lately, I just appreciated such moments much more.

"You continue to surprise me, Alexander." I answered and he smiled.

"In good ways I hope." he said. He took the second pot from the stove and put the noodles on both of our plates, which were already standing on the Tabel. "Take a seat." he added and I did what he said.

"It's nothing special, but I hope you like it." he said. He sat down too and gave the sauce to the noodles. When he was done, I did the same. After making my first bite, I was surprised. These were the best noodles I have ever eaten.

"I did not know you could cook, it tastes amazing." I admitted and he looked at me satisfied.

"I used to cook for my siblings when I was younger, and I just learned it." he explained. I could imagine that he was the loving brother.

"Were you and your siblings close?" I asked. I did not really know anything about his past, at least not good things.

"Yes, very much, they were and are the only family I had, I always felt responsible for them." He explained and smiled a little while. I felt sorry for him. He does not deserve to be separated from his siblings.

"Isabelle looks like you, but Jace not even a little bit. How come?" I asked him. I did not want to be curious, but it seemed he was happier talking about them.

"Isabelle is my younger sister and Jace is my adoptive brother. His father was a good friend of my parents and when his father died my parents took him in. Since then he was my brother and my best friend, there's also Max, that is my little brother." he explained to me. I was sure Alec would be a much happier person if he would do more with them again.

"I've always wanted a little sister, I thought I could protect her." I admitted and he grinned at me.

"I'm sure you would be a great big brother." He said and I gave him a smile.

We ate and cleared our plates. I helped him to clean the kitchen. I thought about Catarina. She was still mad at me and I do not know how to tell her that. Should I call her or tell her personally? I was so lost in thought that I was startled when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Is everything alright?" Alexander asked. He must have noticed that I was absent.

"Uh yes, I was just thinking about Cat." I admitted.

"What is with Cat?" he asked. I turned to him so I could look at him.

"She knows there's something between us and since I did not want to tell her that in the classroom today, she's not talking to me anymore, I just do not know how to explain everything to her." I answered. Alec thought for a moment and then suggested something.

"What if you call her now and tell her to come here, we can explain it to her together if you feel safer." he suggested. I considered. It was not a bad idea actually. She has this idea of an Alec who does not even exist, and if she sees him here next to me, she might see that he is not the way everyone thinks.

"Are you sure you're ready for it?" I asked him. I know that he did not really want others to know.

"I never wanted anyone to know to protect you from the rumors, but if you think you can handle that, let's do it." he said and he pulled out his mobile phone. I nodded and smiled and he put it in my hand. I dialed Catarina's number and waited impatiently.

"Hello?" she asked as she answered.

"Hey Cat, it's me, Magnus." I explained.

"Magnus? what's that for a number?" she asked.

"This is Alec's number, I have to talk to you." I said and I heard a genuel sigh.

"Alec's? I hope you want to talk to me about that." she answered. I looked to Alec, who was just watching me.

"Yes, I'm going to send you an address. Could it be possible for you to come there? Then we can explain everything to you. " I explained.

"Wait, we?" she asked. I rolled my eyes. Couldn't she just say yes or no?

"Yeah, we, you see it when you're here, deal?" I asked impatiently. It was a short silence. She had to think twice.

"Okay, deal, I'll be on my way as soon as you send the address." She said. I thank her and hung up. I sent her the address and handed the phone back to Alec.

"And?" Alec asked.

"She will be there soon." I answered and he nodded.

"Are you sure it's okay for you to make it public? I'm aware of what people say about me, I do not know how much impact it will have on you." he said. I came up to him and put my arms around his waist. I pulled him closer and put my lips on his. It was a gentle kiss, full of love. I let go of his lips and smiled at him.

"People can say what they want, it will not change my feelings for you. I've never felt that way for anyone." I admitted and he smiled. He pulled me into a hug and I picked up his scent.