Chapter 127: The Job's Not Finished

Start from the beginning

"This is amazing thank you all so much."

"Here's David", one of my senior staff members says holding up a figure that too resembles him. "We kept him off because we figured he bugs you enough."

Laughter erupts in the office.

"I will neither confirm or deny."

"Senator we just wanted to wish you the best of luck tonight and thank you for being the best boss we could ask for. The work we all do is a reflection of you and we just hope we've been able to make you proud."

"Yes, yes you all have done a tremendous job to ensure that this campaign is successful. Without all of you I would not be in the position that I am. Often times you all get overlooked by the public. They don't know the dedication, the sacrifice, the commitment that goes into this. I owe all of you so much gratitude. Whatever the results may be I stand  behind everything we have done this campaign."

Everyone claps and says thank you.

"Ok Senator we have a busy day ahead. Your first stop is voting at your local polling places where you will interviews with multiple news agencies. Right after that you'll be heading to the airport where your departure for Wisconsin will be televised. Once in Wisconsin you'll meet with a local crowd and visit the polling place closest to your childhood home, next you'll visit your family-"

"I told the team to scrap that. My family will meet me at the event location."

"Oh right I see that note here, my apologies."

"After the polling place you'll travel to the event location where you'll either give your acceptance speech or concession speech."

"Do you know if the campaign staff has landed yet?"

"I believe they have."

"Great thank you."

"No problem. I'll let the driver know we're ready to go."

**********

Rachel's POV

"Do you think election week is sort of like the Olympics where all the elites just fuck each other for fun?", Olivia questions while surveying the room.

"I think everyone is more concerned with the actual election. After the results are called I'm sure all bets are off though."

"Tell me some of your nerdy political stuff incase I'm approached by one with these hot guys in suits. I want to be able to at least know something."

"Trant bad, Abner good."

"Very funny Rach."

"You have a boyfriend...one they I can't stand, but still a boyfriend."

"I was just kidding sheesh, lighten up."

"Olivia I have a job to do. I'm lucky I was allowed to bring you along."

"Yes you are."

"I wish Ken could have been here too. She balances out our crazy."

"That's true...But apparently when you're being a considered for a promotion you don't have a life anymore?"

"Correct. You would know if you stayed on a job for more than two weeks."

"Isn't there a saying like it take two weeks to fall in love with something? These jobs just don't speak to my heart."