The Legend of the Gobblewonker

Start from the beginning

        After what seemed like hours of running across the island, we finally made it back to the boat. "Let's get outta here, dudes!" Soos screamed. I immediately ran to the controls and started speeding away from the island.

        "All right! This is it!" Dipper shouted. He held a camera up to his face but frowned. "Cracked lens?!" He exclaimed. "Soos! Get a photo!" he shouted to Soos who was at the back of the boat throwing all of our cameras at the monster. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!!" Dipper screamed at Soos.

        "Oh! I still got one left! Don't worry, dude!" Soos said and he threw it to Dipper but it hit the corner of the box around the controls and the steering wheel, well basically the box around me. The monster then stepped into the water and tried to eat our boat but I swerved out of the way.

        "Go, go, go, go, go!" Dipper yelled and I stepped on the gas making us go faster. We eventually drove past Mr. Pines and soaked him to the bone but I didn't care at the moment. "MEG! BEAVERS!" Dipper screamed. There wasn't any time to avoid them so we crashed into it. All the beavers came onto the boat and started eating away at the boat and sadly Soos' face. He was running around in circles trying to get the beaver off his face. We then were coming up on Dad's boat and I saw what he was doing with the boys.

        Dad had a fish in a headlock (called it!) and shouted, "Headlock!" and my brothers were still cheering on my dad. We eventually drove past them and their boat turned over and all their fish started to rain down on them.

        "Sorry Dad!" I shouted back to him.

        "Aah! Look out!" Mabel shouted to me. Ahead of us were two men on two boats holding a piece of glass. We eventually crashed through the glass and I heard one of the men shouting at us.

        "WHERE DO I GO?!" I screamed. We were coming up on a dead end. All that was in front of us was a waterfall.

        Dipper got out the journal and quickly looked through it. "Um...uh...GO INTO THE FALLS!" Dipper shouted. "I think there might be a cave behind there!"

        "MIGHT BE?!" I shouted. We all screamed and I drove the boat through the falls and turns out that there was a cave behind it. I ended up crashing the boat onto the shore and we scrambled out of the boat.

        "We're alive!" Mabel shouted happily. I made sure that no one lost a limb because of my crazy driving but the only thing any of us lost was Soos's shirt. We then heard the monster roar. We turned around and saw that it was coming towards us. I grabbed Dipper and Mabel and held them close and behind me. Soos then wrapped his arms around the three of us and we all screamed. I prepared for impact from the monsters mouth but it never came. I opened my eyes, which apparently closed when I screamed, and saw that the monster was stuck. I nudged everyone and they all looked up.

        "It's stuck!" Mabel exclaimed happily.

        "Ha ha! Yeah!" Dipper said happily. "Wait... It's stuck?" Dipper realized and started looking for a camera but he couldn't find one.

        "Boop," Mabel said as she lifted Dipper's hat to reveal the only camera left on his head. Dipper laughed and started taking pictures of the monster. It snapped at him once but Dipper leapt back and kept taking pictures. "Did you get a good one?" Mabel asked Dipper.

        "They're all good one!" Dipper exclaimed happily and the two of them hugged. Soos and I fist bumped while Mabel shouted, "WOO! HAMSTER BALL!" Yeah... I still had to ask her about that. We then heard the monster roar again and we watched it struggling to get out. It had caused the entire cave to shake which caused rocks from the ceiling to fall. One of those rocks hit the monster's head and it made a sound that sounded exactly like an electrical malfunction.

        "What the...?" Dipper said as he jumped down and got closer to the monster. "Huh?"

        "What's wrong?" Mabel asked. Dipper knocked on the monster's side and it made a hollow, almost metallic, sound. He then started climbing on top of the gobblewonker to get a better look.

        "Careful, dude!" Soos advised.

        "I've got this! Hold on!" Dipper said and he disappeared behind the monster for a few moments then his head came back up. "Hey guys! Come check this out!" Dipper shouted to us. I looked at Mabel and Soos and we started climbing down. When we got to where Dipper was, we saw a handle and we all exchanged glances. I leaned over and opened a hatch and we were all shocked at what we saw. Old Man McGuckett was inside the "monster" controlling it!

        "Work the bellows and the... Eh? Aww, banjo polish!" he said when he realized that we were watching him.

        "You?!" I exclaimed. "You made this?! Why?" I asked him.

        "Well, I...I, uh... I just wanted attention," OMM said sadly.

        "I still don't understand," Dipper said.

        "Well, first I just hootenannied up a biomechanical brain wave generator, and then I learned to operate a stick-shift with my beard!" OMM replied happily.

        "Okay, yeah. But why did you do it?" Mabel asked.

        "Well, when you get to be an old fella like me, nobody pays any attention to you anymore. My own son hasn't visited me in months! So I figured maybe I'd catch his fancy with a fifteen ton aquatic robot!" he explained with a maniacal laugh. He then sighed and continued, "In retrospect, it seems a bit contrived. You just don't know the length us old-timers go through for a little quality time with our family."

        Dipper and Mabel then took out the hats that Mr. Pines had given them. I guess they felt really bad for ditching him to go on the wild goose chase. I put my hand on Dipper's shoulder and looked sorry for them. "Dude, I guess the real lake monster is you two. Heh, heh! Sorry, I just like, boom, just popped into my head there," Soos joked. I looked at him and shook my head. My look said: "Not the time. Just don't." I turned back to face OMM.

        "So, did you ever talk to your son about how you felt?" I asked him.

        "No, sir, I got to work straight on the robot! I made lots of robots in my day!" OMM said as he got out a projector. "Like when my wife left me and I created a homicidal pterodactyl-tron, or when my pal Ernie didn't come to my retirement party and I constructed an eighty ton SHAME BOT THAT EXPLODED THE ENITRE DOWNTOWN AREA!" he said with another maniacal laugh. Frankly, I was kind of scared at this point. "Well, time to get back to work on my death ray!" He ducked down and I heard a bunch of construction noises then his hand shot back up. "Any of you kids got a screwdriver?"

        "Well, so much for the photo contest," Dipper muttered sadly.

        "You still have one roll of film left," Mabel pointed out.

        "What do you want to do with it?" Dipper asked.

        A few minutes later, I was driving the beat up old boat on the lake and we came up on Mr. Pines' old boat. "Hey! Over here!" Dipper said to get Mr. Pines' attention then he snapped a picture of the old man.

        "What the... kids? I thought you two were off playing "Spin the Bottle" with Soos and Meagan!" Mr. Pines grumbled.

        "Well, we spent all day trying to find a legendary dinosaur," Dipper confessed.

        "But we realized, the only dinosaur we wanna hang out with is right here," Mabel said, motioning to Mr. Pines.

        "Save your sympathy! I've been having a great time without you! Making friends, talking to my reflection... I had a run-in with the lake police! Guess I gotta wear this ankle bracelet now, so that'll be fun," Mr. Pines said lifting up leg to show us the ankle bracelet.

        "So...I guess there isn't room in that boat for four more?" Dipper asked. Dipper and Mabel put on their fishing hats and Mr. Pines' expression softened.

        "You knuckleheads ever seen me thread a hook with my eyes closed?" Mr. Pines asked.

        "Five bucks says you can't do it!" Dipper wagered.

        "You're on!"

        "Five more bucks says you can't do it with your eyes closed, PLUS me singing at the top of my lungs!" Mabel added on.

        "I like those odds!" Mr. Pines said as we all climbed into the boat. "Whoa, what happened to your shirt?" he asked Soos.

        "Long story, dude," Soos said.

        "And what's little missy doing here?" Mr. Pines asked me.

        "Well, my dad kind of ditched me here, so I think he forgot that I was here and lately you guys have been like a family to me, so I thought I could hang with my second family," I said. Mr. Pines smirked and raised his eyebrows at me. "I also wanna see you loose this bet," I said with a laugh.

        "Ah, now that's the Meagan that's always at the Mystery Shack," Mr. Pines laughed.

        I smirked and took the camera from Dipper. "All right, everybody get together. Say fishing!" I said to everyone in the boat. Dipper and Mabel put an arm around each other and said "Fishing!" Mr. Pines came up next to them, just barely in the frame and said "Fishing!" at the same time as the twins. While Soos came up and only got his stomach in the frame and asked, "Dude, am I in the frame?" and I snapped the picture. I took a bunch of pictures of the family and thankfully no one asked me to get in the pictures.

        Later when we were heading towards shore the boat shook a bit. "Whoa," I said.

        "What was that?" Dipper asked me and Mabel. Mabel shrugged and made an "I dunno" sound. A few minutes later, we were back on shore and Mabel started playing ventriloquist with a pelican again. I didn't stay to watch that 'cause I knew I had to get home so I said bye to the Pines family and Soos and started making my way home. I have to say, today was nice. I got to hang out with Dipper and Mabel away from work and I finally had a family outing. Dad hasn't done anything like that since Mom left (a/n no idea what had happened to Wendy's mom). Mom and Dad would always take us out for picnics in the woods and he would have me and Wendy team up against our brothers in lumber jack games. Wendy and I ruled at it. It was nice to finally do something with a family again.