chapter five

chapter five | the first funeral

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chapter five | the first funeral

LAUREL STOOD WITH the others as they argued about what they should do once again about Amy and now Jim. Laurel made sure Ethan and Cassie were far enough away so they weren't a part of this argument. Hell, Laurel didn't even want to be a part of it either.

Laurel was kicking a rock slightly with the toe of her boot, listening closely to the discussion the group was having. Laurel didn't think she should be here since she has only been a member of the group since the day before, but, Rick called her over when she was going to walk away so she had no choice.

"I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it." Daryl voiced.

"Is that what you'd want if it were you?" Shane asked. It seemed he especially did not agree with Daryl. Although, Shane never agrees with Daryl about everything. Laurel, on the other hand, could see where Daryl was coming from. He wasn't right but he wasn't wrong either.

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it. Zero tolerance for walkers, or them to be."

"What if we can get him help? I heard the CDC was working on a cure. If there's any government left, any structure at all, they'd protect the CDC at all costs, wouldn't they?"

"I think it's our best shot." Laurel shrugged, "I mean, where else can we go?"

"Fort Benning is a better choice, it has shelter, supplies, and protection."

"That's one hundred miles in the opposite direction," Lori pointed out.

"They've got overrun, we've all seen that," Rick argued, "the CDC is our best choice and Jim's only chance."

"You go looking for aspirin, do what you need to do," Daryl paced on his feet before turning around and charging at Jim with his pickaxe raised, "someone needs to have some balls to take care of this damn problem!"

Rick pulled out his Python and cocked it behind Daryl's head causing him to stop in his tracks. "We don't kill the living," He hissed.

Daryl slowly lowered his pickaxe and turned towards him, "that's funny coming from a man who just put a gun to my head."

"Daryl put it down," Laurel demanded, stepping in front of Jim defensively.

Daryl stared at her for a moment before he scoffed and slammed the pickaxe to the ground at her feet as he walked away angrily. No one went to stop him as they all watched him leave.

Laurel was tired from the sleepless night before. She wanted nothing more than to go lay down but when she looked back at Jim who sat helplessly behind her, she sighed as she ran a hand through her grimy hair. She wanted to get this day over with.

Laurel sat on the chair around the campfire pit with Ethan next to her while Cassie was keeping Sophia company after the death of her father last night.