53

S H A W N -

I walked inside the house and a bone came flying which made me duck. Then I heard Coco barking as she came looking for the bone that was on the floor behind me, also multiple footsteps thundering behind her. Elle, Cole and Lance came running into the hall.

"Shawn!" Elle exclaimed as she came running up to me giving me a hug. I wrapped an arm around her before pressing a kiss to her soft lips.

"Did you get my ice-cream?" She asks and I nodded handing her the bag in my other hand.

I followed her to the kitchen with the boys before taking a deep breath. She took a popsicle out and then handed one each to the boys.

"How was the meeting with Roberto?" Cole asks.

"Um- about that" I say before I gulped.

"What happened down there?" Lance exclaims.

"Well I um- maybe-"

"Fucking spit it out" Cole snapped.

"I agreed to get married to his daughter Mia so he would set Elle's dad free" I breathe out.

"What!" Lance and Cole exclaimed but I was more worried about Elle's reaction.

"Y-you d-did what?" Her fragile voice spoke as tears welled in her eyes. I stood up and went to hug her but she moved back.

"I have a plan so don't worry" I added.

"A fucking plan? You have to marry some other girl when you have a girlfriend here! What kind of plan is that?" She explodes.

This isn't going to go well.

"You don't understand, he wanted something in return for your dad's freedom" I explained.

"Why do you have to marry her?" She snapped.

"Because he wants to join forces, have more power and control but he's not actually going to have that" I say.

"I don't understand! You could have gave him anything else, like money, weapons, drugs or your whole gang if he fucking wants power!" She yelled.

"I'm not giving up my gang for your dad" I say before my eyes widened.

"Elle that's not what I meant" I quickly added.

"Okay but you don't mind marrying some other girl?" She argued.

"You don't understand! He would have came after you if I didn't agree" I exclaimed,

"But you could protect me!"

"Elle I know you don't like this but trust me I have a plan. I'm going to break the engagement off straight after your dad is released. I promise I have a whole plan which we need to work through for a little while, before it will all be over" I explained to her.

"There could have been another fucking way out of this!" She yells.

"Why are you yelling and getting mad?" I asked.

"Are you serious?" She spat angrily before her hand threw a glass on to the floor shattering it.

"She's becoming just like you" Lance whispered loudly in shock.