16

We pulled up at Walmart to grab some food as in junk food. Immediately we ran straight for the chips and candy which we filled our carts up with. I was satisfied just watching them dump ice-cream cartons, soda cans and packets of candy into the cart.

"This looks about good" Lance says and I nodded.

We took our car to cashier and paid for all the stuff, we had like four bags full of stuff. I helped them as I carried one bag to the car and placed it on the floor.

We strapped ourselves in and Lance backed out of the driveway. "Are we going home yet?" I asked and he shook his head.

"We're grabbing a pizza" Cole says and I squealed excitedly. It's been a month with out pizza and I feel crazy.

Lance parked up at a pizza place and Cole stayed in the car with me. We both sang to the songs playing on the radio as we waited for Lance.

"I'm fucking starving for the pizza" Cole says and I laughed.

"I couldn't agree more I'm craving for some pizza" I say and he laughed.

"My friends and I used to get pizza on Fridays and watch movies" I say refreshing the memory for myself.

"Every Friday?" He asks.

"Well not every Friday we had pizza, sometimes Chinese or Mexican" I say and Cole hummed.

"I wish we could do that at least once a week but Shawn never lets us. This is our once in a lifetime opportunity" he laughs.

"Why don't you just go out and eat?" I asked.

"I wish it were that easy but it's just too much to explain" he sighs.

"What would you do if you weren't living this life? Like if you were normal?" I asked him.

"I've always wanted to go to a Culinary Arts school, I love cooking and baking. Probably would have had a girlfriend too" he says almost sadly.

"Why can't you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"I mean I could, but the life we live is very dangerous and I don't think I could put someone through that to make myself happy" he says and my heart.

"Oh Cole you're so sweet" I whispered.

"So are you the one with all the romance novels and movies?" I asked.

"What? Nope" he says unsurely which made me laugh.

"Since you're a girl and from the outside, would you ever date someone like us considering our crazy lives?" He asks and I took a few minutes to think.

"Well if I really loved that person and they loved me and if we could see a future together then maybe. I'm sure the both of us could make safe compromises to stay together. Because everyone deserves a change at love no matter what the circumstances are, you should be able to try and find love" I rambled.

"Wow" he says.

"I talk too much" I say I'm embarrassment an she laughed.

"I think it good" he says and I smiled.

Just then Lance came back with a huge pizza which he handed Cole to hold. The warm aroma of the pepperoni pizza hit my nose and my mouth started watering.

"Elle do you want a slice now?" Lance asks.

"I don't want to get your car dirty" I say.

"Don't worry about it, have one slice" Lance says and Cole hands me a slice of the hot pizza.