10

S H A W N -

"Their fucking plan was to get us all out of the house by a surprise raid, so Ashton could come and take Elle?" Lance asks and I nodded.

"The worst fucking problem is that there is only two guards and that's not enough" I snapped.

"I can't believe they fucking out done us" Cole says and I sighed.

"Let's hope nothing happens to Elle, God that girl is so kind I couldn't imagine how terrified she would be" Lance says and the pain in my chest rises.

"It's going to be fine, once we get there you both spread out and I'll go find her" I ordered and they nodded.

Once we pulled up everything looked normal and I was confused. However I parked up and we all got out of the car, the guard stood outside seemed. I opened up the door and went inside quickly and it was pin drop silence.

Carl the guard came out of the kitchen, "Where's Elle?" I immediately asked before any of the guys could say anything.

"Miss is in her room I'm sure" he says and I let out a breath of relief.

"You both check and update Carl on everything while I check on Elle" I say and Lance was about to make a remark but went against it as I rushed up the stairs.

I went straight for her room but once I got inside it was empty, her bed was made and left like it was every morning. I gulped and then suddenly it hit me to check the library where she always is. I bolted straight through the door and down the hall into the library.

The heavy weight on my chest released once I saw her sat crossed legged on the floor. Chewing on chips and her head into a book to into it to notice my presence. I went and sat down beside her which made her jump slightly but look up at me.

"Oh hey you guys a back already?" She asks and I nodded.

"What happened down there? You look terribly worked up?" She asks in her soft voice that calmed me at an instant.

"A lot has happened down there" I spoke as I closed my eyes.

"Oh my God! Shawn you're bleeding" she exclaims and I opened my eyes to see the side of my arm was cut and bleeding. I was so numb I didn't even feel the cut.
____

E L L E -

"Let's get that cleaned up" I say as I stood up and he got up after me. We both walked downstairs and into the kitchen where Lance and Cole both were cleaning their new and fresh wounds.

"What happened down there? you all look awful" I asked.

"You will not even believe the shit that those fucking idiots put us through" Cole says as Lance cleaned his eyebrow cut.

Shawn took a seat and I shared the the medical box with Lance that was placed on the counter. I grabbed the cotton ball and poured the disinfectant alcohol on to it. "What happened then?" I asked again.

"Well their plan was so cunning, they raided unexpectedly because Ashton's mission was to get us all out of the house to come and get you. They knew we were going to be out so this was their perfect opportunity but thank God nothing actually happened to you. I think it was a threat towards us" Lance says and I froze.

"What!" I exclaimed.

"Look Elle nothing happened and it won't happen because you are totally safe. You have my word" Shawn says and I sighed.

Cole and Lance continued to tell me about what happened while I got to cleaning Shawn's cut. He carefully watched me as I slowly wiped up the cut on his arm, he didn't even flinch in pain once. I was impressed because I would have been screaming like crazy.

He just stared at me which was very nerve-wrecking and making me slightly flustered with his hard stare. I placed a band-aid over the cut and then looked up at his face to see a faint scratch on his forehead.

I cleaned that and placed a band-aid on that too, while doing all that he kept his soft hazel eyes on me. 

His intent stare was very intimidating and was making me very nervous but I quickly tore my gaze away and went to through all the rubbish into the bin before I washed my hands.

"Right I'm hungry after all of that work" Cole says as he started preparing some lunch. Shawn has disappeared by the time I even managed to turn around.

I sat down with Lance on the stool who hugged me and I giggled as we both sat talking to Cole. "I hope we fucking ruin Ashton and take him fully down soon because I'm sick of this" Lance says and Cole agreed.

"Well you guys are very brave and courageous" I say and they sighed.

"You know we kill people right?" Lance says and I laughed.

"But only because they're the bad guys, right?" I asked.

"Not really Shawn just has some hatred towards them and wants to take them down" he says and my eyes widened.

"Wait- you're just fighting with them because you hate them but no actual specific reason?" I asked and they shrugged.

"Pretty much we don't really know if there's even a real reason" Lance says.

"Well we just go along with everything Shawn says. His gang, his rules" Cole says.

"But you can't just go around killing people because you hate them with no reason" I argued and they shrugged.

"Have some food and don't worry your pretty little head about it" Cole says and I sighed.

I have to ask Shawn about this because there has to be a reason for all of this.
_

The night had fallen amongst the sky and everyone was in bed. I was restless and still unable to sleep because my mind was burning with questions.

I'm a sure who talks too much and I over-think a lot of things which only resolves my mind being over crowded.

I got out of bed and went to Shawn's office as I could see the light turned on. I knocked on the door quietly and walked inside to see him at his desk working, his hand rubbing through his hair as papers flooded his desk.

"Hey" I whispered as I sat down on the chair opposite his desk with my legs crossed.

"You should be a sleep" he says not taking his eyes off the papers in front of him.

"So should you" I replied which made his lips curve.

"Always have something to say don't you" he says and I giggled.

"What can I do for you princess?" He says and the light term of endearment fluttered my heart.

"I have to ask you some questions" I say and he chuckles.

"You couldn't wait till tomorrow?" He asks and I shook my head.

"I physically cannot fall asleep unless I get everything out of my head" I say and he laughed.

"Go ahead" he says as he rested his chin in the palm of his hand propped up on his elbows, staring at me intently.

"Why are you fighting the Rampages? Is there a real reason you're fighting them or is just you hate them?" I ask and he froze.

"I can't answer that" he says.

"Why? No one knows the reason why and hating them is not an excuse just to kill them" I say.

"For my protection is not an answer either because killing people for know reason is not good" I say and he sighed.

"I've never told anyone" he confessed.

"It might make you feel better if you told me" I say and he clenched his eyes shut.

"No you don't need to know and stop putting your fucking nose into everything" he yelled and I jumped slightly from his harsh raised tone.

"I don't want to see you out of you room past this time" He scolds and I just looked down before I stood up and walked out of his office.

This was a bad idea...