33

Our heavy breaths we're echoing, our footsteps making a crunching sound from the grass and our bodies finally fleeing.

We managed to escape through the vent before Ashton and his men could run down the hall to us.

All of us climbing out the top before we made it out and we forced Shawn to go up first so he didn't do something stupid.

"Elle you don't have any shoes on!" Cole exclaims from behind me.

"I think we can slow down, we lost them back there" Lance says and we all stopped before crashing on to the ground.

I took a deep breath before laying on the grass on my back. Shawn came laying down beside me and I just shuffled away.

"Elle?" He whispers.

"I don't want to talk to you right" I say and he sighed from me.

"Why?"

"Because I'm mad at you and it will be best if you just shut up"

"Elle just-"

"She just said shut up, so shut up" Lance calls out from the other side.

My mind kept thinking about what would happen to Shawn, if we left him behind.

We all were quiet trying to catch our breaths back from running a marathon almost. "We should run down and out this path, it will take us back to where our car was" Lance says and we all groaned.

Cole pulled me up and I wanted to collapse back again but I tried to steady myself. Shawn stood up and stretched before walking over to me, he insisted I get in his back.

Cole helped me up as I wrapped my arms around Shawn. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes as he carried me.

It had been almost an hour of walking down a straight and long path but we made it out of the woods and into the busy street. Their car was still in it's parked position and two other cars parked behind.

Shawn's security guards all came out of the other car and rushed to us immediately. Cole and Lance explained to them what happened as we got into the cars and drove back home.

My body was in pain. I was in so much pain, it was indescribable.

Physical, mental and emotional pain.

We made it back inside, all the security helping all of us and immediately cleaning us up and our wounds. I went and had a warm shower getting rid of the dirt on my body and trying to was the horrible memories out of my brain.

Once my shower was over I changed and slowly took myself to my room. I was limping as my legs were in pain, it was so excruciating as I could feel my leg muscles feeling sore.

I opened the door and walked into my room. I let out a loud shriek seeing a figure sitting on my bed before realising it was Shawn. "What do you want?" I asked as I made my way to the bed.

"I want to talk to you" He says.

"Talk then"

"Why are you mad at me?" He asks and I sighed.

"I'm mad because when I trying to get you to escape, you wanted to stay back" I say.

"But I'm here now" he defends.

"That's not my point Shawn. In the moment when I was about to free all of us and save our lives you wanted to stay back and fight Ashton again" I say.