"My WHAT?"

><><><><><><><><><><><>

"How on Earth did you become friends with John Lennon!"

That's the question everyone has asked Sally since school started. She was sick of smiling and ignoring them, she just wanted to rip her ears off.

"I mean, you? The American student, being friends with John Lennon!? That's not fair! I've lived in Liverpool my whole life, and you've only been here for a year and now you're friends with John Lennon-"

Sally turned around, facing the girl who interrupted her from putting on her lipstick. "I don't know Lindsay, luck you could say." Sally sarcastically smiled and pushed her way out, but Lindsay's friend stood in front of the door, blocking it. Sally groaned and turned around to face Lindsay.

"Be honest," Lindsay smirked. "How big is John's cock?" Sally looked at her in disgust and scoffed. "I don't know Lindsay, why don't you go and find out, seeing you're a whore and wouldn't mind asking him personally." Sally said and pushed Lindsay's friend out the way, pushing the door open and storming out.

Sally didn't even notice she walked right past Ringo, who was leaning on the lockers, talking to his friends. But once he saw Sally, looking clearly mad, he excused himself and ran towards her. "What's the matter with you?" He asked Sally once he caught up, grabbing her arm. Sally flinched. "Woah woah, now, don't get mad at me, I didn't do anything." Ringo said, putting his hands up in defense. Sally roller her eyes and scoffed.

"Lindsay asked me how big was John's you know what. And kept asking me why I was his friend and not her." Sally looked at Ringo, clearly annoyed. Ringo laughed loudly, making people around them stare. Sally stomped on his foot, and speed walked away. "OW!" Ringo yelled, but still chased after her.

"C'mon Sally, y'know Lindsay is a whore, that's why she asked you. Ignore her is all you could do." Ringo said as he opened the door for her. "Yeah well she's still gonna bug me." Sally sarcastically smiled at him and then dropped her smile, frowning. Ringo opened the door to his car, and Sally sat down. "You're real difficult sometimes, y'know?" Ringo said and closed her door.

"Gee thanks Ringo." Sally rolled her eyes as he sat down and started the car. "You're welcome." He said and drove away from the school.

><><><><><><><><><><><>

"My WHAT?"

The five kids sat down on the grass near the lake, Ringo explained what had happened, Sally occasionally correcting him. "Lindsay aye? Always disliked her. Her voice makes my ears bleed." John said and took a drag of his cigarette. George lit up his too, and chuckled. "Lindsay's a whore." Is all he said and laid back down, looking at the sky. "Don't let her bug you, Sal, she's a scrubber." John laughed quietly.

"What's a scrubber?" Sally asked. The four boys laughed, leaving Sally dumbfounded. "What?" "A scrubber, my dear lady, is a woman who's a prostitute." John said and threw his arm lazily around her shoulders.

"Oh."

"A prostitute-" Paul added but Sally interrupted him. "Yeah yeah I know what a prostitute is Paul, thank you." She huffed and crossed her arms. Paul cheekily grinned and licked his lips, making Sally's breath shaky. "Anyways." She looked away from Paul to John. "What's the big deal with you? Why is everyone surprised I'm friends with you?" She asked John and he shrugged. "Dunno."

"It's because he likes to screw around with any girl he sees." George suddenly said, making the four look at him. His eyes were still closed, cigarette between his lips. "I do not!" John protested, but George sat up, and both him and Paul raised their eyebrows at him. "Okay maybe I do-shut up!" John threw his cigarette at Paul, but all Paul did was grab it and put it on his mouth, taking a few drags.

"Point is," John said, "Lindsay is a whore, and you-" he pointed at Sally, "-shouldn't care what others say because people are stupid." John nodded, satisfied with what he said. Sally sighed. "And if they say anything, I'm here." Ringo said and nudged Sally's shoulder. She smiled at him. "Thanks." She laid back in the grass, but then decided instead on getting up and walk towards the lake, resting her chest on the fence, arms crossed.