"Took you long enough"

><><><><><><><><><><><>

"James, could you stock today? Nicholas is sick today and I need someone to put up the bread and potatoes." Mr. Rob told Paul as he tied his apron. "Sure thing Mr. Rob. Where are the boxes?" Paul asked with a smile. "Over there near the door. Thanks James." Mr. Rob smiled and went to his office.

Paul carried both boxes, whistling. He set them down on the ground and opened them up. Humming, he started setting the potatoes on their place.

Once he was done with the potatoes and bread, Paul placed the boxes outside and went back inside, just for him to bump into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I-I d-didn't see you there." Paul was ready to scowl at the person who made him fall to the ground, until he looked up to see, pajama girl. Paul's heart skipped a beat. He stared at her, and he could feel himself getting nervous.

"HELLO!?"

Pajama girl was waving her hand in front of Paul's face. He shook his head and stood up, dusting off his pants. "My bad, I wasn't looking where I was going." Paul chuckled and gave her a toothy smile. Pajama girl scoffed and smiled at him too. "What, you're the stock boy now?" Pajama girl asked, mentioning to the boxes Paul had just threw out.

"Oh, no, just for today. The stock guy was out for the day." He explained to her with a small smile.

"Oh. S-so, you're not the cashier boy for today?" She asked. Paul nodded. "Ah." Is all Sally said. They fell into an awkward silence, which both of them hated.

"Well, I-I better get back to work before Mr. Rob yells at me." Paul said. Sally nodded. "Oh-right-yeah-of course." She stuttered and started to turn around and walk away. She was close to getting out the door when she heard someone yell out;

"Aye pajama girl!"

Sally turned around and saw cashier boy looking at her. She raised her eyebrow at him.

"Pardon, are you American?" He asked. Sally chuckled.

"Took you long enough." She called out and walked out.

A/n: I'm not proud of this chapter lol