"Just Sally."

><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sally stared at the scale her mom had hidden in the cabinet under the sink bathroom. Sally looked from the scale to the mirror. "Am I really fat?"

She shook her head. No. That is a good weight for a fifteen year old, right? Sally got off the scale and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked at herself carefully. "Why does it look like I have two chins?" Sally's eyes widened. She rubbed her chin. She straightened up and her heart sank.

Sally noticed her belly was round. Kind of looked bloated. Then she looked at her arms. There was extra skin.

"Do I really look like that?"

Sally fumbled putting on her clothes back on and ran a hand over her face. She quickly tied her shoes and ran out of the bathroom. She ran downstairs, seeing that the boys were still sitting on the couch, quietly talking among themselves. Once they heard Sally coming downstairs, their heads turned to her.

"Everything alright?" Paul asked and straightened himself on the seat. Sally gave a fake smile, nodded and hummed in response. "Yeah." She breathed out and sat back on the couch. She started scratching her arm, a nervous habit she had. John and George had their eyes closed, but Paul was still looking at her from the corner of his eye. When he saw that she was scratching her arm, his mind lighten.

"What's that on your arm?" John pointed to Sally's arm with his cigarette. She quickly pulled down her sleeve. "Nervous habit." She mumbled and looked down

"Sally, love, are you sure you're alright?" Paul asked. This made John and George look at Sally, and Sally look at them. She stopped scratching her arm and smiled. "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" She let out a small laugh and put her hands on her thighs. John looked at her arm.

"You're doing the thing." He pointed at her. Sally looked at her arm and bit her lip. "Yeah-I-uh-" she started to get nervous. Paul got up from his seat and walked himself to the couch Sally sat. Sally watched him carefully as he sat himself besides her. He gently grabbed her hand and ran his thumb through her knuckles. "What's bothering you darling?" He said so softly, almost sounded like a whisper. Sally mentally groaned. "Screw you Paul and your doe eyes."

"Said I'm fine." She mumbled and looked down. "Lies." John scoffed and set the ice bag on the coffee table. "Is it what the twat said?" John asked, eyebrow raised. Sally didn't say anything. "Said I'm fine." She repeated, not looking at any of them. "Damn it, Sally! We just wanna help!" John sighed in frustration. Sally bit her lip and sniffed. "Yeah, it was." She whispered a few seconds later and squeezed Paul's hand. Paul squeezed back.

"What was it that they said?" John was on the edge of his seat, looking tentatively at Sally. Sally looked at him then at her skirt, and she started to play with the hem of it, while still holding onto Paul's hand.

"It's... silly." Sally sighed heavily, pushing her glasses up. "It can't be silly if it's bothering you, birdie." John sighed. "Well...." Sally bit her lip.

"They're not the only ones, that have told me this, my mom... has too." She looked up at John, but saw that George also looked worried. She looked back down at her skirt and played with the hem of it again. "It's just my... weight... and body." She closed her eyes. Sally thought they were gonna laugh, do something that would make her feel worse, but she was taken aback when John was quick to respond with;

"What about your weight and body?"

Sally looked at him. He shrugged. "I see nothing wrong with your looks. What's the big deal?" He asked. Sally looked at her skirt again. "The boy... he said- he called me big lady, and said I would be prettier if I had a slimmer body... my mom says it too." She said quietly, she could feel the tears start to form in her eyes. "I weight too much for my age." She took off her glasses and sniffed. Paul squeezed her hand tight, as if he wouldn't let go.

"Your weight and your body is nobody's business but yourself's. They have no need to tell you how to look like. Fuck them! It's YOUR body, not theirs! Don't let the idiots get you down! I think you're beautiful dove." John stood up and walked over to Sally, who still had her head down. He squatted down in front of her and lifted her chin so they could make eye contact.

"Hey..." He said softly and wiped the tears on her cheeks. "Don't make yourself feel bad darling. You're beautiful." He said and rubbed her leg. George also stood up and sat on the arm of the sofa, putting his hand on her shoulder. "I think you're just Sally. A beautiful, good looking young gal, funny, and a very amazing friend." George said and squeezed her shoulder. Paul then took a strand of her hair and put it behind her ear, making Sally look at him with hooded eyes.

"Who cares what the idiots say? You are you and that's what matters. You are gorgeous angel." Paul whispered and brushed her eyebrow. "Thank you." Sally smiled softly and looked down, too overwhelmed with the sudden nice comments, especially coming from boys. But then she just started crying harder, sobbing into her palms. She felt John stand up and sit next to her, squishing her between him and Paul. Paul then cooed and hugged Sally, her head on his lap, and the rest of her body on John's.

"Everything is gonna be okay darling. Everything will be okay." Paul whispered as he caressed her hair.