"BIRDIE! WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!"

A/n: happy birthday, John x

><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Who can answer this question for me? Anyone?"

The class was silent, no one bothering to raise their hand to answer the English teacher's question. The old man sighed and sat back down on his chair, feeling defeated as he saw that half of the class was asleep, others daydreaming. He took out a newspaper and a pencil and started doing the crossword.

Sally had her cheek rested on the palm of her hand, mouth open and a bit of saliva dripping out of her mouth. She snorted when she felt it hit her palm, shaking her head and rubbing her eyes. She took off her glasses to clean them with her shirt. She looked upfront and saw that the teacher wasn't doing anything, so she trailed her eyes to the clock.

Eight

Seven

Six

Five

Four

Three

Two

One

The bell rang, making half of the class that was sleeping, jump. Sally yawned as she grabbed her bag and walked towards the door. She walked through the hallways, getting pushed by eager kids trying to get home already. Sally covered her eyes as the sun hit her face. She kept walking until she heard a car honking loudly. The students outside were gasping and whispering among themselves. Sally didn't turn around, though, as she knew they were just looking at one of the jocks new car probably.

But the honking kept going and going and going, it started to annoy Sally. She walked faster but then stopped in her tracks when she heard a girl squeal.

"It's that John Lennon boy, Lindsay! He's so dreamy." The girl sighed. Sally looked back and saw a red shiny Plymouth Fury slowly driving towards her, and boys and girls following it. She stood there, shocked at how beautiful the car looked. But then her eyes widened when a familiar head popped out the window.

"OI SALLY! YOU COMING OR NOT!" George shouted from the back seat, black eye still visible. Sally then saw John's head pop out from the driver's seat, making some girls around her gasp and giggle.

"BIRDIE! WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!"

And just with that, Sally ran towards the car, pushing some people out the way as they were crowding her way. As George opened the door for her, she saw some girls scowling and scoffing and rolling their eyes at her. She simply winked and smiled at them and closed the door, rolling the window up.

"Hi Sal." George grinned and kissed her cheek. Sally gave one in return and looked at John. "Thanks, Johnny." She smiled as she buckled her seat and made herself comfortable.

"Don't mention it angel face." He looked at the rear view mirror and winked at her. Sally looked out the window and back to the front of the car. "Where's Paul?" She asked. "We're gonna pick him up right now." George said and wiggled his eyebrows. "What?" Sally questioned. George chuckled. "Oh nothing...."

"Does Paul not go to school or something?" She asked. John shook his head. "He dropped out a couple months ago, just so he could work and earn money for his family. What a sweet boy." John said and took a turn. Sally then turned to George. "Aren't you supposed to be at school too?" She asked and raised her eyebrow. George chuckled. "School isn't really... my thing you could say." He said. "What about you, aren't you tired of school?" George asked.

"At times yeah. I hate it, despise it. But I wouldn't drop out." Sally bit her nails as she looked at George. He scoffed along with John. "What?" She pouted. "Of course you wouldn't dolly, you're a goody gumdrop." George said a bopped her nose. "We're here, I'll go get him, you two stay." John narrowed his eyes at them and got out of the car.

><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sally and George chatted for a bit, and every now and then George would be eating chips from his pocket, which Sally wasn't surprised as she already got used to George getting food out of nowhere. As George talked about the time he almost ran over a squirrel while riding his bike, Sally looked out the window from behind him and watched as Paul and John walked closer to the car.

"And then I started crying-"

George got interrupted by the drivers and passengers seat opening. John and Paul sat down, John buckling his seat belt and Paul turning around to greet the two younger children. He nodded at him and smiled at Sally, giving her a little wave. Sally smiled back and looked down at her pants.

><><><><><><><><><><><>

"What exactly are we doing John, if you don't mind me asking." Paul asked as they got down the car, and started walking up the stairs of Sally's house. "Giving the lady some company." John grinned as Sally unlocked the door and opened the door for them to come in. John was the first one to run to the kitchen and served himself a cup of water. George laid himself on the couch, and closed his eyes. Paul looked around at the family photos, and Sally leaned against the doorway. Once John came back from the kitchen, Sally threw a pillow at George, getting the attention of the three boys.

"Let's go to my room, yeah? I got a record player." She smiled. The three boys nodded in agreement and the four of them ran up the stairs.