Chapter 43

"Come on that was not fair, how the hell you beat me again?" Noel asked my Cousin who had came to visit me. She had just started college and Evan entrusted her with me. Well nevertheless, Mira is a goofball. She is going to do great, or at least I hope she will. Noel looked at me as I attempted to get up.

"Oh no you don't, No sudden movements. Miss. Or I am calling the Husband" Noel said. "Come on Noel, not the Evan card again, and since when did you two became buddy- buddy from I am your biggest competition?" I asked. "Since we both had a common goal of protecting you from whoever it was want to take you away from us." He said getting back in his game.

That night Evan came looking tired. "How do you feel now Angel?" He asked. "Incompetent, lethargic and like a couch potato, Evan I am not that long. Just six weeks pregnant. I want to work." I complained. "You know three months is the most stressed period don't you Anika? What doctor had said and what your mother had told you about this?" He asked.

"Oh, now it is what your mother said? Not fair Evan, not fair and you wont even talk to me about what is happening about the case. I know you have your PI working" I said. "And?" he asked. "I want the details because if it is tiring you this much it is something interesting I can vouch for that." He shied.

"I know, you want to know. But I don't want to stress you baby, now tell me what you want to eat, I am going to cook." He said. I pulled him back. "Evan, I know you are workaholic, and I know at the same time you love me and this baby, but you need to stop before you fall down and got ill." I said softly brushing his cheek. "I can cook, you can rest. Or we can order" I said softly.

"Or I can drive you to my jet and we can go on a vacation to Hawaii or even India, if you feel like it." He said. "Are you trying to hide me from whoever it is want to take me away. It is not going to work, Evan know that whoever he is I have a feeling he is watching our every movement. And I have a feeling it is someone on the inside who is helping him." I said.

"How?" He asked. "Just a hunch and well based on lots and lots of patterns to follow, like see that night of the accident, your computers gotten rigged, also even with that much tight security at the concert, with your own men inside our cars got messed with. And that day at the race track someone had hacked a frequency known only by some of the people closest to us." I said.

"I get it. I can see the pattern here, so there is someone on the inside and helping whoever it is..." He paused. "Son of a bitch..." He cursed. "My brother, my douche-bag brother wanted you and he had already made his move, I know he is known to keep grudges." He said.

"Maybe, but he cannot get the inside information. He has to have a man inside." I said. His phone rang and he picked it up. "Westbrook" he said. He listened to whoever was on the other side and his face had gone pale after that. He kept the phone down. "What happened?" I asked. He didn't said anything.

"Evan..." He hugged me softly. "I am so sorry, I am so sorry." He said. "What happened?" I asked. "Your father, his plane had gone down nothing survived." I felt numb. Not my dad, no... anyone, but him. Who had that much grudge with us, who wanted him dead. Was the plane was rigged too? Did he actually left us all? No he cannot.... He cannot...

"Breathe Anika, Breathe... deep breaths, deep breaths." His voice brought me back. "Evan... what am I going to do? what am I..." "We will get through this I promise. I promise..." Evan said. He picked me up and walked towards our kitchen. "here drink this, I hope it will help you. I will call others" I nodded. He took his phone and made some calls.

"They will be here in few then I will personally go and investigate the crash site." He said. "I want to come..." I said. His eyes harden. "Don't say no, I will go crazy sitting here... please Evan, it is my father. In my heart I feel he is not dead... In my heart I feel he is alive. I want to be sure. I want to be sure." I said and he nodded.