Chapter 21

I looked around the place. Yes, I am back at his house. But there is no sign of him. Probably he just forgot. He is like that. He always forgets all the not so important things in his life and I am afraid I might become one of them.

My father met my friends and then he drove us towards my house. He didn't stayed but traveled straight to Mr. Westbrook's office. I hope he doesn't tell him about my arrival. I don't want to see him so soon.

I was cooking something I am carving spicy today. Maybe my taste buds are going wild. I made some aaloo parathas. It was already nine when I am done.

I realized that I will be sleeping alone again in this big house. So, I pulled some Yogurt out from refrigerator and ate my food. I cleaned the plates and walked inside my room to sleep.

I woke up at middle of the night when I heard some noises coming from the kitchen. I walked out of my room with a small vase in my hand. I have nothing to protect myself from. I slowly crept towards the noise.

I saw my husband looking tired and sitting on the floor eating the food I made earlier. "Don't eat that" I said. "It's too spicy" He looked at me with tired eyes and took another bite. Doesn't he feels it?

"I am hungry, and right now, what ever this is feels like heaven." I looked at him curiously, he looked like he had returned from a war. Or maybe get mugged or something. Right now he does not looks like some hot shot billionaire but some homeless person.

"What happened?" I asked. "Nothing that I don't deserve Angel and nothing that I haven't endured before" He said.

"You look like a homeless person" I said. "Trust me I have been through worse. You don't know me angel. You don't" He is still calling me angel. "Have you been attacked?" I asked. "No, my car broke down and I have to take a late night bus then the subway and then I walked here" He said.

"Oh, you could have called someone, me or even your best buddy Ken" I said. "You cannot drive, nor do you have a license and I don't want to disturb my friend's night. Specially when he recently got into a committed relationship with someone." Right.

"Do you know if he was your friend he will be there to get you out of any situation at any time of day. I mean look at my friends, they always are there for me" I said. He stopped eating and looked at me impassively.

"Yes right, friends like Noel? Or what is name yes Arijit. They don't want to help you, they just want to be with you any way possible. They want you, they want something of mine. And you think there is no ulterior motives behind it."

"Mr. Westbrook, you don't come home at middle of the night and fight with me. I don't want to ruin the rest night of sleep over you" I said. He put his plate in sink and walked towards me.

I moved back. He moved forward again. Until I was caged between him and breakfast bar. "On the contrary angel, I think you quite like fighting with me." He said.

His hand moved up and slowly he touched my cheek. "Angel, I need a sweet thing. And you don't have that anywhere" He said. "I...I" I shuttered. He held my waist. And pulled me closer. "Mr. Westbrook..." "Shhh...not a word. I only want my wife now. I want her, don't run away from me" His fingers skimmed over my waist. I shivered. I closed my eyes and felt his lips on my skin.

My hold tightened over him. "Please don't do it" I begged. His hand moved on the strings of my robe. He pulled them off and it slid off my body and pooled at my feet. He picked me up and took me towards his room.

Was it today that I will lose myself to him? But then too he will never love me. He placed me on his bed and opened his suit, followed by his shirt and trousers. I can only look at his god like body. How can someone be this cruel and this much handsome at the same time?