Chapter 40

Noel was working on his laptop trying to search for something, anything that could link to the trails found in the company bank. Jeremy was busy decrypting the files. And I am busy with the project of my father, trying to find whom did the purchase was authorized with.

It is tiring to stair at laptop for so long that my head started to hurt. I cannot ask my father because he might be heartbroken to feel the betrayal of his employees.

"You alright?" Noel asked looking at me. "I am fine, just a little tired from all this work" He kept laptop down and held his hand to me.

"Come, let's take a break. We cannot find anything if we cannot find anything. Let's talk about tomorrow. How are you feeling? Are you nervous about the showcase?" He asked. "Terrified. I never ever been showcased before Noel, I don't know if I will faint in front of all those people, they may started to throw rotten eggs at you and others."

Noel laughed. "It would be a funny situation isn't it? But at least we all be together. Facing it as always what you say to that Ani?" he asked. "I think it would be great" I made some coffee and brought it back to the lounge area. He accepted it. "You know you make the best coffee I tested till now, you should be a coffee shop owner." I blushed.

I looked at my door waiting for him to come home. After he saw the message on his car, he became more protective of me, and more tensed then usual. I fear that his anxiety might come back. He told me about that, after his wife died, he had suffered from anxiety and depression. He was really very sensitive about all these things.

I looked at the time, 3 A.M, I heard his footsteps. He looked frailer, oh Evan what are you doing with yourself. I felt his presence in the room. He sat beside me and stroked my head mumbling a small sorry. Like everyday, he does. I held his hand and he gasped.

"You are awake?" he asked. "How can I sleep without you by my side? You are my dreamcatcher" I said kissing his hand. He closed his eyes and shied. "You should sleep, you should not stay awake and wait for me."

He coughed a little. I placed my hand over his head. "You are burning up, lie down Evan" I said. I took off his coat and his shoes, and shocks. "Shall I dress you in your sweats?" I asked. "I like this, your caring nature, your motherly side, I wish I had someone who had shown me love like you do. Someone who had..." he coughed again. "Not a word, don't say another word, what were you thinking exhausting yourself?" I asked.

"That I have a wonderful wife who can take care of me. I am glad you are here finally baby in my arms." He said. Then he stood up and changed into his sweats. "it's late you should sleep" he said softly.

"So should you" he looked at me softly. "I don't want to fall sick Angel. Who will take care of you?" he asked. I shied and held him and placed a thermometer in his mouth. "I feel like a child" He said.

"I think you are a child, much more than you intend to let on" I said. "Now I am a child?" he asked. "Yes you are" I said. "Am i?" he asked. I took some medicine and gave it to him. "You are not getting out of that bed, I f I so see you getting out of there, I am going to tie you to the bed and lined the room with the same guards you hired for me. Smith and Jones will be more than willing to follow my instruction"

"They should, you are the boss, even I am afraid crossing you Mrs. Anika Evander Westbrook" I hit him softly on his arm. "You are very much turning into me My daring Angel." He said kissing my forehead. I held him to sleep stroking his head. He shied. "You should stop overworking yourself Love, it is not healthy." I said.

"I just want to keep you safe" He said. " I am safe, I am here, with you. And when you are here nothing can ever harm me, but I cannot see you loose your sleep over me" I said. "I am not I promise Angel" I shied and held him to sleep.