Chapter 15

I walked out of my room and saw him already sitting on the table with the morning newspaper. "Do you need any money?" He asked. "No, I am good thank you" I said. He looked up from his paper curiously.

"And how are you going to pay for your bus fare or cab fare, concluding you don't want me to drop you to your destination?" He asked. I shied as I heard a car honk outside. "Like that" I said not looking at him.

"You are going with him again?" His voice betrayed nothing. "Like you have your priorities set sir, I have mine set too. Right now I only want to get my degree and get a job also I want to have friends too. Upon whom I can rely on any time of the day." I said. He stood up and pulled out his wallet. And took some cash out.

"Keep it, you might need it" I shook my head. "Remember the prenup? I don't want to be dependent on you for anything." With that I walked out.

"Took you time?" Noel asked as I entered his car. "Yep, it did" I said. Noel chuckled. "Did you argued with your husband?" He asked but there was no bitterness in his tone, it was humorous. "yes, you can say so. I just put him in his place, not everyone can be attracted with money can they?" I asked. And he laughed driving away.

He stopped at a diner and order us some breakfast. "I know you haven't eaten so don't you dare say no." He said. "Ok" I said softly looking at him. As our food arrived he talked to me about random thing ranging from his new song to new setup for the band. "And if you don't like the person with money I don't really have a way to impress you honey." He said.

"Was those part of your lyrics?" I asked. "Can be a song, can be not, I am writing the lyrics as I go and it is all I got" He drummed his fingers on the table. "I think it can be a song" I said truthfully. "Then I shall try it on my drum and you shall dance with me on my rhythm" He sang along making me laugh. "You are funny" I said. "And that's what she said as we got along but I am no fool I just like to have some fun" Our food arrived and I dug in. I didn't even realized I was that much hungry.

"Slow down babe you are going to choke" He said. I realized I might. "This is so good" I said. "I knew you will like it oh curious one" He joked. "It can be like our secret place. No one have to know about it" I said suddenly.

"If that is what you want Ani, it will be our place me and yours" I smiled at this. "And we can go out on dates" I looked at him horrified. "Chill out Ani I was just kidding. I saw that ring on your finger way before your bossy husband told me that you are married. But I am slight disappointed" He said.

"And why is so?" I asked. "Because I cannot be a part of your curiosity ventures more than I can Oh curious one." And we both laughed at that. Yes, a genuine laugh so much precious to me. We drove to our university and he parked his car. Our other groups were waiting for us. "Hey, I thought you both are going to disappear and yes that man on the phone scared my poor heart away" Matt said.

"Mr. Westbrook can be a little overwhelming I admit." I said. "Yes, not just overwhelming the man have no heart. I heard that he treats women like trash. How did you end up with him?" Jamie asked.

"Twist of fate I guess. Otherwise I may have never met you all guys. I am grateful that it is him not anyone else, because I may not knew what true friendship is then." They all hugged me. "we are here for you. All of us." Kendra said softly.

"So, we are organising a ball for Christmas next month and I want you to come too." Susan said as we exited the gates of college. "Yes, you should come" Jamie said. "And she should come with us for our year end trip too. We can go to Miami this time" Matt suggested. "Woah guys slow down. We got time for that. Let her decide first Kendra said. Noel however was silent. I wonder what he was thinking about.