Chapter 24

He never sleeps late, but today he is still not awake and it is ten already. I was instructed that my in- laws were not someone who will talk sweetly with me. And I am so not ready for someone with attitude today.

I did my morning routine and changed into a lovely and comfortable blue dress. I walked inside to saw he was still sleeping. I touched his forehead and it was burning. He have a high fever. "Angel, don't leave me" I heard him mummer in his sleep. I softly stroked his hair and he held my hand opening his eyes.

"Is it late? What time it is? I need to go" He said. "You are not going anywhere Mr. Westbrook" I said. His eyes narrowed. But that didn't scared me "You are sick, and have a high running fever" I said. "It's alright, I have been sick before that didn't made me stop my entire day of office beside I have meeting I cannot leave. It at three." He said.

"It is just ten in morning, you can sleep till then and if you feel better you can go and do some work" I said. "I can do it Angel." He said. "You didn't have anyone to care for before sir, now you do. So I suggest you to sleep right now." He smiled and shook his head. "And what if didn't follow your order Mistress?" He asked.

"Then there will be consequences. I will not hesitate to tie you to this bed if I have to. If that can prevent you from leaving. Now, I will make you something and then give you something to bring down your fever." He looked at me and next thing I knew was he was holding me close to him. "I am cold, let me hold you" I am feeling like a freaking stuff toy.

"Mr. Westbrook let me go. I have to prepare food for your family." I said. "You are hurt and in no position of preparing food for them, beside I heard hugging like this helps to fight off fever. So, I am not letting you go anywhere else."

"Mr. Westbrook, let me go. My phone is ringing" I said. "Let it ring. I am comfortable like this. I want to sleep holding you. Sleep beside me" He said putting me to bed. "Let me go Mr. Westbrook, it might be someone important." I said thinking about my plans for today and how everyone will be upset knowing that, I am not even coming to the designated place.

"Something is bothering you?" He asked. "N...No, I am fine Mr. Westbrook, now let me go and I will make something for you" I said. "Have you eaten?" That question surprised me.

"I...I am not much hungry right now. I will eat. I have to prepare food for your parents. What time they will be in?" I asked. He didn't let me go and held me tighter against him. "What is wrong with this world when I want to cuddle with my Angel the world seems to be against me." That made me smile again and I pulled on his cheeks.

"That hurts really" he said. "Sorry, I couldn't control myself. You look cute today." I said. "Come on let me sleep" he said pulling the Duvet over us.

When I woke up, he was not around. I saw the time it was almost three. I decided to dial his number. He didn't picked up. I dialed again it was the same result. Third time he picked up and I heard his harsh voice

"Why are you calling me? If I don't pick up once don't call me back, until I call you. I am in meeting, don't disturb me again." With that said he cut the call. Am I hurt? Maybe. But I decided not to dwell on it much. It was not that I didn't get scolded on before.

I heard the commotion outside. And decided to walk out of my room. There was many people inside working inside the kitchen cooking food. "Mam, Sir told us not to disturb you while you were resting. We have prepared some refreshments, would you like to try them?" The women with chef's outfit asked.

"I am fine thank you. Don't bother with me. You can do your work." I said and then walked back to my room. I saw a packet there. I asked the guard about it. "This arrived when you were still sleeping" I nodded and told them to leave me alone. I check the content of the box it was all I needed for today.