Chapter 33

"So, the ball is tonight?" Mr. Westbrook asked as he was working on the laptop. I wonder how much he work and how can he bear to work this much, and also what I have done to have a workaholic husband.

"Yes, Noel said he will be picking me at six." He didn't looked up. "Ok" he told me. I wonder why it is that I only get an hour of his time, an hour where he teaches me how to ride his motorcycle.

"I am going to get ready, don't you have to leave for any meeting today?" Mr. Westbrook looked at me then. "Why I am sensing that you are angry?" He asked. "Oh no sir, I am not angry at you. How can I ever be angry at you?" I asked.

He held me by my waist from my backside and kissed my temple. "You are beautiful you know that?" He asked. "Yes, I know, but even then, my husband does not look at me." He smiled.

"I don't look at you because every time I look at you, I get these not so good thoughts in my mind. And I don't want to lose control. You are a walking temptation. And I know how everyone looks at you, and I get jealous. I get so, so jealous" I looked at him shocked. He caged me in his arms.

"You don't know how much I get jealous. I do, every boy who comes near you get me jealous, extremely madly jealous" He touched my cheeks, "And knowing how beautiful you will be looking in that dress, it makes me insecure. I don't want you to go"

"But I will always come back to you Mr. Westbrook, this is my home, you are my husband, I am yours for this life and next, no matter who comes in my life, no matter which friends I make, you will forever be the one I want to be with" I told him.

"you mean that?" He asked. "Why I will not? I mean I have a hunky, rich, handsome husband who don't want that?" He laughed. "You and I both know Angel the rich part does not matters for you."

I laughed " It does, because sometimes it gets me the five thousand dollars worth dress." He smiled and twirled me after picking me up. If I had known happiness, this is what it should be, he is my happiness, when I am with him I am happy, I am so happy.

"I like your laugh angel and I can hear it all day, every day for rest of my waking moments." He placed a soft kiss on my temple. "Thank you for saving me that day Evan" He smiled. "Trust me baby, that was me being selfish"

I was putting on my dress, it fitted me like glove. He came inside unannounced and I almost screamed. "Get out, get out, get out now, I am not fully dressed." I told him. He looked at me amused. "from where I can see Angel, you are dressed perfectly. And..." he paused and zipped me up.

"Now, it is done" He said. "Why are you here? I thought you left for your five o clock meeting." I told him picking up the brush and trying to brush the knots out of my hairs.

He took the brush from my hand and brushed my hairs. "I cancel that, I want to see you in this dress, be the first one to see you looking like an angel, my angel." He said. And then he produced a beautiful wreath made of white crystal flowers. And he braided my hairs making it in a bun.

It was beautiful. "There you go, looking like a true Princess." He said. I heard the bell rang and he made me sit down. "I will go and get it, you get ready, I will keep him company." I nodded.

I walked out of the room and he looked up, his eyes met mine and his breath hitched. I averted my gaze. Evan walked towards me and held me by my hand softly. "One final thing" He said. And took a box and pulled a corsage out. "Here, Noel brought this for you" he told me. I nodded.

He put it on my hand and kissed my hand. "You look beautiful. Go, I will wait for you here" I didn't looked in his eyes because I knew if I did that I cannot walk away from here. Not without him by my side.