Chapter 17

Mr. Westbrook saw the stain on his suit. And then he bent down to pick up the brush. "Angel, having fun without me?" He asked. I looked down not wanting to meet his eyes. "I am sorry Mr. Westbrook" I replied timidly.

"Did I scold you for anything?" I shook my head in no. "Then why are you shuttering like this?" He asked. "I...I am sorry" I said still not looking up.

I heard his footsteps coming closer and I instinctively scooted closer to Noel. Noel patted my back. "All the best Ani" He said and walked out. Great friend he is leaving me alone and defenseless in enemy territory.

Now I have nothing to defend myself with. I felt Mr. Westbrook's arms go around my waist and he placed a soft kiss on my temple.

"Had fun?" He asked. "Yes, I was just painting something for my room." I said softly. "Won't you show me?" He asked. "Sure I..." I tried to get out of his hold but it only tightened. "Please let go" I said timidly.

"No, I cannot I am sorry. But this is out of question that I let you go like this." He said. "But how can I show you..." He picked me up bridal style, "Point where to go now" He said looking into my eyes.

I wasn't expecting this behaviour from him. I wasn't even expecting him to come home this much sooner. I pointed where I had kept my stuff. He refused to let me go and sat down on the floor with me on his lap.

I look like a small child in front of him. He stroke my hairs. Slowly, he took deep intakes of breaths. "You know I love your smile. It is a kind of smile which will make your day." He said.

"But it is a shame that I don't see it much. I know it is difficult for you to adjust according to my lifestyle. I know you wanted love in your relationship and I am not the ideal husband you have visualized. But I am trying here and I want you to try to. I need your help in working things out between us." He said.

I looked down not looking into his eyes. It is bad enough that I am attracted to his eyes, now he is making me lose control over my voice too. I am tongue tied and I do not wish to look into his eyes more than necessary.

"Say something please" He said. "You must be tired, Mr. Westbrook, I will warm you some dinner and you can go and get changed." I said trying to get up. He held me tightly against him to the point where my skin is going to bruise.

"Why you always try to run away from me? I am your husband am I not?" he asked. "You are Sir, there is no denying in this fact. And I will do everything in my power to be a good wife." I said.

He smiled at that. "I do not want a slave, I want a wife Angel. And right now, I can see how much reluctant you are in accepting the newfound status. Isn't it is why you are comfortable with Noel and not with me?" He asked. "Noel is a friend sir" I told him truthfully.

"It is how it's start Angel, as friends and then you will realize you need more from your life. From your marriage, he and you can have something we don't. He can love you and I cannot. And that is what you want the love and acceptance. Something money cannot buy"

Why is he talking like I am going to leave him here alone? I am not like that. I am better than that. Maybe just maybe I can make him learn about love, maybe I can teach him how to love. "I ruined your suit." I said looking at the stain.

" It's ok I do deserve some kind of reminder that I have a kid at home." I huffed at this "I am not a kid." I said. "Prove it then you are not" He challenged. Oh no Mr. Westbrook I don't quite take the challenges well. "You want me to prove it?" I asked.

"Go ahead I am waiting" He said with mischievous voice. "Ok then" I said and before I can think anything I placed my lips over his. And as quickly as I did so I moved back. "There is your proof." I said and stood up quickly walking towards my room.